What other tops should I learn

#1funkedelikePosted 3/18/2013 2:57:40 PM
Currently I'm playing Akali, Jax and Nidalee. What other tops should I learn in order to be able to counterpick more effectively
---
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike
#2centurion911Posted 3/18/2013 3:00:43 PM
funkedelike posted...
Currently I'm playing Akali, Jax and Nidalee. What other tops should I learn in order to be able to counterpick more effectively

Anyone Jax and Akali can't beat, Nidalee can.

You may want to take up Renekton, Yorick, or Elise though. They're strong lane dominators and have very few counters.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#3Rookie_JetPosted 3/18/2013 3:17:26 PM
If you go against Akali, you need Mr. Garen. He's sturdy enough to take all her burst and still has the damage to take his own turn, usually resulting in a kill. Spinning in the shroud is icing on the the cake, but that's not the main counter. I always max Q vs Akali for more silence since she's obviously pretty close to useless w/out spells during laning.
#4MIG297Posted 3/18/2013 3:35:08 PM
Singed

If by learn you mean press Q and run away spamming laugh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#5PhoenixEgg88Posted 3/18/2013 3:56:36 PM
Im a fan of Yorick. if im worried about who im going against he's a solid pick. You might not dominate but there arent many who can shove you out of lane.
---
So Big, So Angry, So Dead.
#6centurion911Posted 3/18/2013 3:59:12 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
If you go against Akali, you need Mr. Garen. He's sturdy enough to take all her burst and still has the damage to take his own turn, usually resulting in a kill. Spinning in the shroud is icing on the the cake, but that's not the main counter. I always max Q vs Akali for more silence since she's obviously pretty close to useless w/out spells during laning.

Jax>Garen in that matchup because Jax scales harder.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#7Rookie_JetPosted 3/19/2013 6:38:25 AM
centurion911 posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...

Jax>Garen in that matchup because Jax scales harder.

But jax has no built in sustain so Akali can harass jax out of farm/lane. She can also easily abide her stealth before jax buys pinks because his only aoe has a long cd and eats all his mana. Not saying you can't win with him l, but he's going to have a harder time vs Akali than Garen will.
#8Susan0Posted 3/19/2013 7:52:54 AM
If you loved playing as Akali, pick up Zed.

If you want versatility and a strong laning phase, pick Renekton and Elise or Jayce
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#9SergeantGanderPosted 3/19/2013 9:16:51 AM
Rumble does it all.
---
Back in 'Nam I fought off a gang of lesbian hippie child-slaving jewel thieves with nothing but a magic lasso.