'gg easy' is insulting and unsportsmanlike

#1The-World-SevenPosted 3/18/2013 7:04:16 PM
It simply is. - Results (684 votes)
Insults equate to verbal abuse which is against the Summoner's Code and I understand this.
75.88% (519 votes)
I won't admit this simple fact.
24.12% (165 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Calling other people whiny babies would be the typical jerk move.

Know the Summoner's Code
Players can be reported and punished for any number of reasons outlined in the Summoner's Code. This includes anything that hurts the community or the health of the game. Make sure you know the tenets of the code to help you make judgments quicker and more effectively.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articles/The_Summoners_Code
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#2hockeydude15Posted 3/18/2013 7:10:54 PM
While true, reporting someone for solely saying gg easy makes you just as childish.
---
Yawn
#3Final_HatsamuPosted 3/18/2013 7:12:29 PM
I had a response for you, but I like this one better:

hockeydude15 posted...
While true, reporting someone for solely saying gg easy makes you just as childish.

---
M-8 "I turn the tide, by choosing to abide"
1Cross + 3Nails = 4given
#4TheDarkNerdPosted 3/18/2013 7:13:25 PM
As a phrase, it's arrogant and smug, but it doesn't feel all that insulting. It's practically saying, "I'm better than you at this", and is used when the other person really doesn't have much basis for trying to argue it.

Still though, people do have their triggers.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#5DarkArch0nPosted 3/18/2013 7:14:08 PM
Never denied that it wasn't an insult or unsportsmanlike but to get butthurt over such a "weak" insult is just lol.
#6ZenzokuPosted 3/18/2013 7:17:52 PM
DarkArch0n posted...
Never denied that it wasn't an insult or unsportsmanlike but to get butthurt over such a "weak" insult is just lol.

It's not about being insulted. It's about being a toxic player that only wants to be a douche.
#7Beech_tibsPosted 3/18/2013 7:18:39 PM
not even a little bit

how is that unsportsmanlike?
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#8RydethetigerPosted 3/18/2013 7:20:18 PM
GG easy is like the most innocent form of BM. I would put it on the same level as spamming an annoying taunt in a lane you are destroying, or /dancing as the nexus dies. Trolls know that it REALLY bothers some people to see that their hard fought 75 minute game that ended with a clutch baron steal and 2v5 nexus defense loss was "easy win" so its one of the first things they go for.

Dont let one person saying stupid things bring ya down bromandude.
---
Lol IGN: StayFrostty
Elo Experiment Status - Dooped by League Points...
#9matrix0523Posted 3/18/2013 7:21:07 PM
not even a little bit

Being a douche and telling the opposition that they were easy at the last second of a match isn't unsportsmanlike to you?
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#10Beech_tibsPosted 3/18/2013 7:22:56 PM
matrix0523 posted...
not even a little bit

Being a douche and telling the opposition that they were easy at the last second of a match isn't unsportsmanlike to you?

See i dont see that as being a douche. Its the victor's right.
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so