Is a Skarner Tank Build viable

#1MTRDrunkardPosted 3/19/2013 3:12:29 AM
Been practicing with skarner top & jungle via bots. Early and mid game hes not much, but when I get to late game the only way I can play him is a a tank.

Would he be viable as a tank in normal match?
#2DedriaNPosted 3/19/2013 3:16:24 AM
Typical Skarner builds usually involve mobility items like Shurelya's, I imagine Randuin's would be good to allow him to run in first and allow your team to catch up.

Triforce makes him do some really good damage for just one item, but it costs quite a bit. Iceborn Gauntlet arguably just as good or better...

I don't think I've ever seen Skarner not be tanky late game. It's kind of his thing.
#3morlock30Posted 3/19/2013 3:20:55 AM
*facepalm*

Yes, you do. Only damage item is probably Iceborn Gaunt. Then you go for tanky items + shurelya.
#4Black_AssassinPosted 3/19/2013 3:21:19 AM
Tank Skarner is pretty much the only way he's played.

His Q makes you want to stay constantly in the middle of the enemy team to maximize the amount of disruption you provide, which requires you to be tanky.

Frozen heart + Shurelia was pretty much core on him in S2.
---
lowercase
#5MTRDrunkard(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 3:27:23 AM
I have been rushing to get the sunfire cap first.
#6TomorrowDogPosted 3/19/2013 8:20:51 PM
In a perfect world where all 10 players aren't morons, he does best with all tank/support items and stands in the middle of the enemy team spamming his 40% aoe slow and ults wherever it best suits the situation.

In solo queue, he usually wants to pick up Sheen or Spirit of Elder Lizard so he doesn't rely on his carries to kill things for him.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert