Quinn - The definition of win lane, lose game?

#1SongstressCelaPosted 3/19/2013 7:09:19 AM
So my best offensive role is by far ADC. I'm by no means an amazing player, but I'm usually pretty good at I tend to win lane and contribute quite a bit to winning games as well. I also f***ing love playing Quinn. Her kit's the most fun I've had with an ADC in awhile. As an added benefit, probably 4/5 games I stomp on bot lane horribly. Multiple double kills and usually leaving laning phase with around 7-8 kills or so.

However... HOWEVER. Equally probably 4/5 games, we lose horribly. The issue is it doesn't seem like it's Quinn's damage falling off. Last night for example I still melted other squishies and even still did fair damage to the tankier types. Yet the team loses pathetically, getting stomped even and for the life of me I have no idea what keeps happening.

I don't know if the rest of the team just fails and Quinn can't carry alone or what... But the fact it's 4/5 games is ridiculous. There's no way she conveniently is played during games with terrible teams, so wtf is going on? I know her damage falls off late, but it's not even usually late game that's an issue... Everyone seems to fall apart right after laning phase and the game's over within 35 minutes.

WTF is going on?
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lovnaru/Photos/moxsign.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AvalonBright
#2Camel-RiderPosted 3/19/2013 7:11:42 AM(edited)
Id rather have a Caitlyn.

Not only does she win lane, but she is also much more relevant later.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#3gallantknightPosted 3/19/2013 7:12:59 AM
I think a lot of people have found the same thing. She needs a few QoL adjustments because her early game is really strong, but you start getting to the point where her passive no longer procs fast enough and your repositioning tool isn't good enough at closing distance or making distance, your ult starts feeling kind of not good, and your Q's hitbox is too big and starts hitting the wrong thing, etc. Also her bad range doesn't help things.

There's a topic about it on GD. I think a Red did say that changes will most likely be coming to improve Quinn.
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#4PhoenixNinePosted 3/19/2013 7:13:10 AM
Quinn isn't really an ADC. Go solo lane against someone who relies on auto-attacks preferably.

Build her like a bruiser, with Cleaver and Warmog. You'll do a lot better.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#5MetleonPosted 3/19/2013 7:14:42 AM
PhoenixNine posted...
Quinn isn't really an ADC. Go solo lane against someone who relies on auto-attacks preferably.

This. Throw in BotRK too for even more damage. (In fact, that should probably be your only ATS item outside of Berserker's.)
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#6NicoGrimmPosted 3/19/2013 7:17:21 AM
^That's what I've been hearing as well.
I've been watching/playing a lot of games with Quinns in them lately, and the ones that build like a bruiser ALWAYS do better than the ones building ADC.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#7SongstressCela(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:20:12 AM

I do like bruiser-ADCs. I usually build Sivir bruiser as well and do much better than standard ADC. I do horribly in top though. =_= No matter how much I practice I just can't do it. Mid? Fine. Top. Lolnotgonnahappen.

We duo'd with a pair yesterday who wanted ADC and Support so friend switched to jungle and told me to go Quinn top against Jarvan. Needless to say he stomped all over me. =_= Fortunately we still won since said jungling friend carried hard and I actually managed to help post-laning, but....yeah. The only good top experience I've had with her was s****ing all over a Zed but the rest of the team did horribly from the start that time, and we lost anyway.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lovnaru/Photos/moxsign.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AvalonBright
#8UnderwaterAirPosted 3/19/2013 7:43:07 AM
Quinn is a top champion. I don't care what anyone else says. Her main tool in lane is QE and E makes her so vulnerable to many supports.

At top she has range advantage and her high damage output in laning phase lets her win trades. Then in teamfights if she builds bruiser she's more useful in teamfights.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#9shadyelfPosted 3/19/2013 7:46:19 AM
Riot needs to settle on a role for her. Her kit is better for top but her base stats aren't to great up there. Anyone with a gap closer will **** on you
---
?
#10Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 3/19/2013 7:47:08 AM
SongstressCela posted...
So my best offensive role is by far ADC. I'm by no means an amazing player, but I'm usually pretty good at I tend to win lane and contribute quite a bit to winning games as well. I also f***ing love playing Quinn. Her kit's the most fun I've had with an ADC in awhile. As an added benefit, probably 4/5 games I stomp on bot lane horribly. Multiple double kills and usually leaving laning phase with around 7-8 kills or so.

However... HOWEVER. Equally probably 4/5 games, we lose horribly. The issue is it doesn't seem like it's Quinn's damage falling off. Last night for example I still melted other squishies and even still did fair damage to the tankier types. Yet the team loses pathetically, getting stomped even and for the life of me I have no idea what keeps happening.

I don't know if the rest of the team just fails and Quinn can't carry alone or what... But the fact it's 4/5 games is ridiculous. There's no way she conveniently is played during games with terrible teams, so wtf is going on? I know her damage falls off late, but it's not even usually late game that's an issue... Everyone seems to fall apart right after laning phase and the game's over within 35 minutes.

WTF is going on?

This is a team, game, this is not like dota than a single person can carry a team of bad players, the rest have to be at least decent foryou to carry
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.