why do people complain bruisers kill ranged ADCs?

#1Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 3/19/2013 7:51:26 AM
Morelo himself said that by desing ranged ADC should not win 1v1s against melee ADCs or bruisers, ranged ADC are to be protected and do damage froma distance, not duel
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#2Metal_Gear_Link(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:52:03 AM
I just find it hilarios that people complain about tanky meta, when ranged adc are not suposed to win duels
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#3ShurikoPosted 3/19/2013 7:55:11 AM
i don't think anyone actually complains about a glass cannon being unable to duel a bruiser
---
http://i.imgur.com/aTk36Od.jpg
http://www.synchtube.com/r/vidyagaemz
#4PrisonChilePosted 3/19/2013 8:02:26 AM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
I just find it hilarios that people complain about tanky meta, when ranged adc are not suposed to win duels

like you literally find it hilarious? Like you really laugh really hard because it is so funny? Because it really isn't that funny. Its chuckle worthy but not hilarious.
---
Im never happy, just less sad.
#5UnderwaterAirPosted 3/19/2013 8:19:20 AM(edited)
My complaint is that in the teamfights, bruisers can build randuin's and others can build frozen heart and ADC is completely useless doing 1 second autos that hit for ~150 against a 3000 hp opponent. And you get one auto attack off, then have to try and run from a randuin + hextech Akali that kills you in 2 seconds and you repeat that every teamfight.

Go in, do one auto attack, die to some gap closing bruiser with cc.
Next teamfight, do one auto attack, die to some gap closing bruiser with cc.

Do that about two times and you'll realize how worthless you actually are in teamfights as the ADC.

In diamond now I've seen far too many teamfights where the ADC (sometimes it was me) is standing in the back just being completely ignored by the two bruisers and support because ADC is doing absolutely nothing to the fight. The AP burst mages are actually doing more but once they're on cooldowns they aren't doing anything either.
So fights end up being two bruisers whacking at each other with their one support trying to heal/supplement extra cc and damage, while AP and ADC stare at the fight scared to go within gap close range because they'll instantly disappear.

Just keep playing. I know at low elo games it never happens because people are too stupid to buy a Randuin's or Warden's and the moment they take one crit hit they run all scared because they don't have the armor and attack speed reduction to deal with the ADC. But just get to higher levels of play. ADC starts mattering less and less and I know DoubleLift already stated in an interview on how bad ADCs are at the current state of the game. The nerfs to attack speed reduction off of Warden's and Frozen Heart and Randuin's was a step in the right direction and that has helped a bit but we'll see how things go from here.

And to note, just doesn't affect ADCs. Champions like Irelia are affected also. I have yet to see an Irelia in my games actually succeed at anything other than killing ADC and AP and support. Her role as a bruiser is more or less gone now with the hp/armor/attack speed reduction stacking bruisers are doing as she is more or less an auto attack based champion.

===============

TLDR
I don't know anyone complaining really about bruisers killing ADCs. I know a few who are however complaining about ADCs being worthless in the meta of armor, hp, attack speed reduction.

Get out of your hole at bronze league and learn how great Warden's and Randuin's and Frozen Heart are if you're worried about the enemy ADC.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#6angelwkw3Posted 3/19/2013 8:26:39 AM
As someone who tends to main ADC it is a bit ridiculous the amount of gap closers or rather the distance they can travel that bruisers/assassins get. Someone like Kha'zix can literally jump over your team and insta gib you. Did they really need to give him that big of a leap? Hecarim runs through your team easily into the backline and takes off half your health, Vi doesn't have to worry about getting interrupted and can ult you from a huge distance. Newer champions are just are just getting worse with this kinda stuff.

Positioning is meaning less and less these days.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#7DeathralPosted 3/19/2013 8:30:55 AM
As someone who tends to main ADC it is a bit ridiculous the amount of gap closers or rather the distance they can travel that bruisers/assassins get. Someone like Kha'zix can literally jump over your team and insta gib you. Did they really need to give him that big of a leap? Hecarim runs through your team easily into the backline and takes off half your health, Vi doesn't have to worry about getting interrupted and can ult you from a huge distance. Newer champions are just are just getting worse with this kinda stuff.

Positioning is meaning less and less these days.

really because as a bruiser i see it the opposite. I have to dive through your entire team, entire team, to get to you. If your team has no cc at all and you have no escape, me jumping in deserves to get me a kill because your team is terribad comp. As soon as you get a cc on me i get focused down and killed because both the AP And AD carry have %max health damage and tons of pen, so no matter how tanky i build i never really get too tanky.
---
System- 2550k @ 3.4, 212+ , 8gb 1333, 560 448 @ 797/2950, 500r, 620w antec modular,
#8happyscrub1Posted 3/19/2013 8:36:17 AM
Metal_Gear_Link posted...
Morelo himself said that by desing ranged ADC should not win 1v1s against melee ADCs or bruisers, ranged ADC are to be protected and do damage froma distance, not duel

Well he surely broke his own game. Give an ADC 5-6 items and it can duel just about anyone.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#9EqualismPosted 3/19/2013 8:49:14 AM
Frozen heart + randuins is annoying as hell

Throw in a Runic Bulwark and a few warmogs and the adc's life is hell
---
http://i.imgur.com/QEdEj.jpg
#10Mogu_MoguPosted 3/19/2013 8:51:34 AM
Well he surely broke his own game. Give an ADC 5-6 items and it can duel just about anyone.

Bloodthirster + Randuin's Omen + boots + Warmogs and just about any bruiser can beat any full item ADC. Add in Runic, Frozen Heart, and there is next to nothing a full item build ADC can even do to a bruiser.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.