To all the people complaining about Singed nerfs....

#11Earthbound360Posted 3/19/2013 1:31:04 PM
XcZeus3469 posted...
no the situation is that singed was essentially an unkillable tank that also dished out tons of damage. Now at least he can be killed. You shouldnt get to be both an unstoppable force and an immovable wall.

Except this was not the case.

ALL of Singeds favorite items have been seeing nerfs lately. He's an AP health stacking bruiser based on AoE DoT damage. With giants belt and warmogs getting nerfed, as well as catalyst and RoA getting nerfed, the health he gains has just shot down by a hefty amount. Pair that up with the new broken BotRK and its ability to chunk AND slow, Singed has just been hardcountered by a single item.

"Unkillable" is a mass exaggeration if you want Singed to actually do significant damage.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#12nomorePosted 3/19/2013 1:43:15 PM(edited)
Yes singed can built really tanky and do negligible damage.
Or he can build a lot of damage and he will go down fairly quickly.
And as was said he has been getting a lot of indirect nerfs recently, BotrK really hurt him.

I can't see the reason for the nerfs.

Was it just because he was good at escaping?
Lots of champions are. Shaco, shen, nautilus, volibear, tryn, wukong - too many to mention.

The only difference with singed is he will be close enough that you *think* you can catch him - rather than dashing over a wall or turning invisible.

If it's in the middle of a teamfight, I recommend not focusing the tank...
#13NicoGrimmPosted 3/19/2013 1:59:52 PM
Its not that he was "good" at escaping. He was great at escaping. To the point where you can get jumped by an entire team and run away practicaly unharmed. And if anyone decides to chase you? Your Q actually does decent damage when its at a higher level.

I love Singed. U think he's one of the most fun champions in the game, but the ulty nerf is most definitely necessary.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#14centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 2:00:40 PM
His teamfight will be relatively unaffected (He will feel the CC difference, but Mercs will help that).

What it does hurt is his laning strength. Ganking Singed post-6 was incredibly difficult due to his CC reduction on his Ult. Dealing with him in lane was also very hard due to his high damage Fling+the poison damage that would come from chasing him. The nerfs hurt both these so he can't do the "push to your tower and farm safely behind it" thing as well anymore.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#15centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 2:01:12 PM
Earthbound360 posted...
XcZeus3469 posted...
no the situation is that singed was essentially an unkillable tank that also dished out tons of damage. Now at least he can be killed. You shouldnt get to be both an unstoppable force and an immovable wall.

Except this was not the case.

ALL of Singeds favorite items have been seeing nerfs lately. He's an AP health stacking bruiser based on AoE DoT damage. With giants belt and warmogs getting nerfed, as well as catalyst and RoA getting nerfed, the health he gains has just shot down by a hefty amount. Pair that up with the new broken BotRK and its ability to chunk AND slow, Singed has just been hardcountered by a single item.

"Unkillable" is a mass exaggeration if you want Singed to actually do significant damage.

RoA's getting nerfs? How so?
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#16CovenantPosted 3/19/2013 2:14:34 PM
Earthbound360 posted...
hardcountered

I don't know which is worse, the overreaction or the fact that you insist on using terms that you don't understand.
#17Rising ChaosPosted 3/19/2013 5:38:50 PM
Earthbound360 posted...

What? Catalyst got nerfed, RoA got buffed. Giant's Belt got nerfed, Rylai's got buffed. Tear -> Seraph's is also viable on him now and is basically RoA with less health (the shield) and more AP. Singed doesn't usually buy Warmog's because he's too busy buying RoA and Rylai's and maybe Randuin's or Sunfire Cape or pretty much everything else that has health on it that isn't Warmog's.

I dunno why they nerfed my lovely Singed though. :( And Singed is the only champion with built-in tenacity? Hello, Irelia? Trundle, Mundo, Garen? Fling's already incredibly mana-intensive in lane. Not sure why they had to reduce both the base damage and ratio too, it's his only nuke. He's not bursting anyone down, he should at least be adequately rewarded with more damage if he's building for it.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#18ShurikoPosted 3/19/2013 7:02:58 PM
http://www.lolking.net/champions/
---
http://i.imgur.com/pudFIXT.png
#19pectus_umbraPosted 3/19/2013 7:46:24 PM
I haven't gotten to try him out since nerfs, but I do think they nerfed a little too much all at once. His fling damage is quite high, and nerfing that was alright. But taking the tenacity out of his ult just seems like a nasty blow on top of that. Plus, singed is all about doing damage over time, which is a playstyle that always suffers the disadvantage of not being burst.

Mmmm...dunno. maybe with some play time, it will turn out alright, or maybe they will give back tenacity and take something else instead.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#20princemarth23Posted 3/19/2013 8:01:01 PM
He actually feels fine to me. Fling nerf didn't hinder him all that much although I was unable to kill my lane opponent at all, which was never a problem before for me. Ult nerf is annoying, but merc treads and the mastery makes it not a huge deal.

Overall, I think the nerfs sounded worse on paper than they actually are. I was afraid that his fling would be far worse and he'd be too easy to kite, but this doesn't seem to be the case.