Teach me how to Akali

#1ninplayerPosted 3/19/2013 2:27:06 PM
I'm just really bad with her I think. Generally I start with like Long Sword + 2 Pots or a ward + 11 pots and just farm till 6, but I don't think it's my build that's the problem, it's just me.

Generally nothing happens until 6, and then when that hits I can generally get a few kills just because of how stupidly powerful she becomes then. However, as soon as teamfights start, unless I'm just fed beyond belief I simply cannot do anything and I end up getting stomped on and rarely win.

Any help on how to prevent this and get better with her?
---
League of Legends IGN: Byrne14
#2BhelliumPosted 3/19/2013 2:29:37 PM
never played her but it's my understanding the style goes:

1: Can i kill them? No? Farm.

2: Can i kill them? Yes? THERE WILL BE BLOOD

seems pretty simple to me... once you learn how to tell the difference between one and two
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#3Darkyellow327Posted 3/19/2013 2:30:22 PM
inb4 xRustyspoon
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#4ninplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 2:32:27 PM
Bhellium posted...

seems pretty simple to me... once you learn how to tell the difference between one and two

You're...not really getting my point. I'm asking people how to not get dominated in teamfights. The method you listed there works just fine from levels 6-12 or so, but after that it does not unless you're like 9-0.
---
League of Legends IGN: Byrne14
#5ERLiNoPosted 3/19/2013 2:32:36 PM
Q-R-E-Q-R
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#6Darkyellow327Posted 3/19/2013 2:34:56 PM
ninplayer posted...
Bhellium posted...

You're...not really getting my point. I'm asking people how to not get dominated in teamfights. The method you listed there works just fine from levels 6-12 or so, but after that it does not unless you're like 9-0.

Play her like an assassin then. Pick your spot, blow someone up and then slip away.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#7centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 2:37:54 PM(edited)
Well, never initiate with her. Do it as follow-up.

If their team doesn't have Oracles or doesn't put down Vision Wards then jump to their AD carry and,if you can't get a super fast kill, place your W in between the carry and the bulk of their team and enter it. This will help you zone them away from the enemy squad.

If the enemy backs off, jump on them and solo them. You're Akali, so unless they're fed you're gonna get the kill. If the enemy stands in the Shroud or attempts to cross the Shroud, brutalize them with your burst.

If either you're not fed enough to 1v1 the AD or they have good Oracle/Vision Ward coverage, then start the fight out like an AP carry would (not diving too far in, staying with the tanks) and coordinate a double dive onto the enemy AD carry. If you and the other guy aren't super behind/total morons then you should be able to burst the AD down pretty quick (Jarvan works VERY well for this). After the carry is bursted just continue pumping out damage. You should be able to 1v1 most champs in the game and sustain through the AoE damage from the side.

Also, build at least one defensive item. It helps SUBSTANTIALLY. I'm partial to Warmogs but Randuins will allow you to 1v1 any AD carry (and quite a few bruisers) even if you're behind.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#8_DaydreamPosted 3/19/2013 2:37:16 PM
R->Q->Auto->R->Q->auto->R->Q->Auto

Use ignite.

Run away with W or slow them if they're in a good position to do so or to hide from their counter burst.

Akali is really simple. Don't try to go man-mode until you get your ult though. Make sure you have 3 charges before you go in on someone unless they are already low.
---
To want nothing is to have everything.
#9pinkpantherfan5Posted 3/19/2013 2:40:18 PM
You can wait for cool downs in the shroud if their skimpy on pinks
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#10SmalvehPosted 3/19/2013 3:11:54 PM
Zhonya's