Who are the "OP Champs" people complain about?

#1JuliMizrahiPosted 3/19/2013 3:46:18 PM
I'm only lv.19, so I haven't seen the wonder of ranked play yet, but people complain about some champions being overpowered. From what I can tell, aren't they all sort of overpowered in their own way? It was one of the big perks for me when I started playing. If you knew what you were doing, every champ had the ability to be insanely broken. If everyone is broken, no one really is.

I'll admit, I hate Teemo. I hate Teemo so much that I don't even like USING Teemo, but he's no more OP than any other champ I've seen. Just OP in a different way.

Some are amazing meat shields, but lack in speed. Some have so much damage output it's ridiculous but have low HP themselves. Some are just glass cannons and one-trick ponies, but when they get that opening, they seize it, and well.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#2_Yag_Posted 3/19/2013 3:51:35 PM
anyone they lost bad to in the last couple games
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#3Wii306Posted 3/19/2013 3:52:22 PM
Go here and sort by ban rate.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/

I'd say everyone up to Akali gets a lot of complaint.
---
Currently Playing: P4, White 2, LoL
#4BhelliumPosted 3/19/2013 3:53:14 PM
There's OP and there's annoying
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#5Savra104Posted 3/19/2013 4:05:32 PM
No one considers Teemo OP. Just extremely annoying/anti-fun.

Wii306 posted...
Go here and sort by ban rate.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/

I'd say everyone up to Akali gets a lot of complaint.

Is a decent way of looking at it. But then there are characters like Rumble that don't get banned too often but always seem to dominate.

Also, some champions there aren't really OP but just strong or just annoying to deal with.
#6MageGuyInfinityPosted 3/19/2013 4:14:06 PM
i guess people hate akali because flash or no flash, you can't ever escape.
---
Do not support the racism that is Resident Evil 5
#7Viewtiful_JonPosted 3/19/2013 4:17:11 PM
Its Akali for me, not so much the fact you often get a mid or top who refuses to play passive after they start falling behind. But more so to do with the arguments that happen, you know the second she ganks another lane and gets a kill you have your ADC say "OMG who fed the Akali? must of been our noob mid" "GG no point trying now we got a noob mid who fed Akali" "Mid go back to bot game's noob".
#8RajamicPosted 3/19/2013 4:17:11 PM
Everyone except Poppy
#9centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 4:18:42 PM
Elise is considered OP because she bullys the lane early and SHREDS people lategame due to her % damage. Too safe for too much teamfight presence.

Vi's considered OP because she shreds armor, does % health damage, and can unstoppably dive the carry.

Shen is considered OP because he has a safe laning phase, scales with tankiness, has map presence in laning phase with his ult, and puts the opposing team in a VERY difficult position when he splitpushes lategame.

Other than those three, everyone else is fairly even. Even those three, despite being "OP", are definitely not guaranteed wins. They just do a lot of stuff well.
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#10thedarklordx3Posted 3/19/2013 4:27:34 PM
darius

no skill, noob champ, too strong, useless nerf

/thread
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards