Who are the "OP Champs" people complain about?

#11centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 4:28:19 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
darius

no skill, noob champ, too strong, useless nerf

/thread

Tin League All-star here.

Or you really wanna take that Teemo against the Darius
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#12_Yag_Posted 3/19/2013 4:29:54 PM
centurion911 posted...
Elise is considered OP because she bullys the lane early and SHREDS people lategame due to her % damage. Too safe for too much teamfight presence.

Vi's considered OP because she shreds armor, does % health damage, and can unstoppably dive the carry.

Shen is considered OP because he has a safe laning phase, scales with tankiness, has map presence in laning phase with his ult, and puts the opposing team in a VERY difficult position when he splitpushes lategame.

Other than those three, everyone else is fairly even. Even those three, despite being "OP", are definitely not guaranteed wins. They just do a lot of stuff well.

you forgot amumu, he's nearly unkillable, has one of the best initiates in the game with toss >ult, and AoE% health dmg.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#13centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 4:43:37 PM
_Yag_ posted...
you forgot amumu, he's nearly unkillable, has one of the best initiates in the game with toss >ult, and AoE% health dmg.

I didn't forget him. Pick an invader and he's absolutely sunk. He's not screwed over by losing blue anymore (at least I don't think so), but Mundo/Trundle/Vi/Xin/Shyv/Lee can and will kill him if they meet in his jungle.

His initiate is very strong, his ult is one of the best abilities in the game, but he's definitely not OP in my book. He has very obvious counterplay.

Also, counterganks are not his friend at all.
---
#14dotsdfePosted 3/19/2013 4:45:32 PM
Akali and Amumu would probably be my top two, not for necessarily being the best but for being able to be ridiculously effective for no effort. Akali can be losing all game, get a single kill, and snowball uncontrollably. Amumu is essentially "Press R to win team fight", and regardless of how he's doing otherwise he's going to be just as annoying and contribute just as much to a team.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#15I_love_SunnyDPosted 3/19/2013 4:49:56 PM
centurion911 posted...
_Yag_ posted...

I didn't forget him. Pick an invader and he's absolutely sunk. He's not screwed over by losing blue anymore (at least I don't think so), but Mundo/Trundle/Vi/Xin/Shyv/Lee can and will kill him if they meet in his jungle.

His initiate is very strong, his ult is one of the best abilities in the game, but he's definitely not OP in my book. He has very obvious counterplay.

Also, counterganks are not his friend at all.

Honestly I don't think any of that matters come end game if you know how to turtle.

I've won countless games that seemed lost just by having Mummy on my team.

Not saying there aren't ways to beat him but his ulti is mind-numbingly easy to use and it wins team fights.

Mummy is a champ that can do terribly all game and the turn the game around in an instant with a bandage/ulti. So long as your team isn't hopeless a team with Mummy almost always seems to be at a slight advantage.

Without something like Gragas or Janna ulti to counter his ulti that is.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#16centurion911Posted 3/19/2013 4:57:21 PM(edited)
I_love_SunnyD posted...
Honestly I don't think any of that matters come end game if you know how to turtle.

I've won countless games that seemed lost just by having Mummy on my team.

Not saying there aren't ways to beat him but his ulti is mind-numbingly easy to use and it wins team fights.

Mummy is a champ that can do terribly all game and the turn the game around in an instant with a bandage/ulti. So long as your team isn't hopeless a team with Mummy almost always seems to be at a slight advantage.

Without something like Gragas or Janna ulti to counter his ulti that is.

Of course, but I can say the same thing about Sej/Rumble/Malph/Nasus and I don't consider them OP at all.

We're discussing OP champs. I consider a champ OP if they have too many pros with cons that are either too little or non-existant (Elise, Shen). Or those whose kit has either no counterplay or requires a specific team comp based around countering them (Shen's splitpush and Ult, Vi's initiation onto the carry).

Amumu requires one thing to shut him down, a strong duelist. His Ult, though powerful, is not a guaranteed winner, nor is it lacking in counterplay the way that Vi's ult is. QSS and Cleanse help out a lot against him, they can't do diddly squat against Vi.
---
#17user420Posted 3/19/2013 4:59:49 PM
Vi
OP

No
---
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
#18JuliMizrahi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 1:43:22 AM
lolking's list makes no sense to me. The only 2 champs with over 60% ban rate also have less than 50% win rate.... so why ban them if, according to the statistics, you are less likely to win simply because you are using them? It's not much less than 50, but they have, infact, lost more games than they have won.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#19Susan0Posted 3/20/2013 1:46:13 AM
Akali OP?

LOL
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#20kusanagi888Posted 3/20/2013 5:51:04 AM
Susan0 posted...
Akali OP?

LOL

I see your sig...and your argument is invalid. She does way too much damage and has way too many advantages (spellvamp/defensive boost with shroud) for a non-skillshot energy champ. I've almost never seen one do poorly despite being an obviously weak player, and I have personally seen many of them go 0-3 in lane thinking they are god mode from the start only to get triple kill in one teamfight then proceed to destroy everything. How many other champs can 1) be that far behind and still get a triple and 2) be completely dominant from that one play? Very, very few...