How should I learn how to play the game?

#1Literally_12Posted 3/19/2013 6:36:36 PM
I see people on here say the best way to get good is by playing the game, but I am level 15 and in the time I spent leveling I really haven't learned anything about how to be good at the game. I mostly just stay in my lane and in games people call me and my teammates noobs for not calling out mia's and I don't even know what that is. I am guessing it is when someone that is in my lane isn't visible anymore, but how am I suppose to know that he just didn't go hide in a bush or something. Once the game starts to get near the end some guy usually always tells everyone to get in the mid and we all do. After that is just seems like a crap shoot with team fights to decide who wins. Also people seem to get mad when everyone on the team doesn't go to their lane when there are more than 2 enemies in it. They don't really seem to call it out or ping it on the map they just expect you to know to go there.

What are my options to getting better here?? I would like to learn some advantaged techniques. Are there are good videos on youtube that teach you advanced mechanics to becoming adept to all things that are going on it the fight? Or should I just watch a bunch of streams with pros playing and take notes on the stuff that they are doing??
#2happyscrub1Posted 3/19/2013 6:46:09 PM
Learn how to get CS and last hit good. Also make sure you group up for objectives. That's 70% of the game there.

Some people actually say the CS thing is the only thing that seperate the high elo to the low elo... they make the same dumb mistakes we all do.

Just play the game and the rest will come to you.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#3Literally_12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:51:50 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Learn how to get CS and last hit good. Also make sure you group up for objectives. That's 70% of the game there.

Some people actually say the CS thing is the only thing that seperate the high elo to the low elo... they make the same dumb mistakes we all do.

Just play the game and the rest will come to you.

What does CS and last hit stand for and how do I learn how to do it?

I haven't seen any objectives in the game, what are these?
#4Doomhammer2187Posted 3/19/2013 6:52:48 PM
I played with friends who were higher level than I was, and learned from them. But you can read guides, watch streams, and of course practice. People will probably call you out for dumb things, but you'll learn not to do it anymore (like them yelling at you for not calling MIA).

I suggest to find a champ you like, find and use a good guide ( lolpro.com has plenty, there are tons of guide sites out there, I just typed this one as it was short). Focus on the champ you like and when you have the hang of the game, you can move on to a new champ, etc.

Don't try and learn every champs skill set at first as this will overwhelm you. In time, by playing against people you'll learn their skills, and by playing them you'll learn how to counter them properly.
---
PSN: Loydganks
#5happyscrub1Posted 3/19/2013 7:02:24 PM(edited)
Literally_12 posted...

I haven't seen any objectives in the game, what are these?

Oh gawd. You don't know anything bout this game. You need a full blown lesson.

I thought about making small intro video to the game. Maybe I'll do it.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#6Literally_12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:58:59 PM
Doomhammer2187 posted...
I played with friends who were higher level than I was, and learned from them. But you can read guides, watch streams, and of course practice. People will probably call you out for dumb things, but you'll learn not to do it anymore (like them yelling at you for not calling MIA).

I suggest to find a champ you like, find and use a good guide ( lolpro.com has plenty, there are tons of guide sites out there, I just typed this one as it was short). Focus on the champ you like and when you have the hang of the game, you can move on to a new champ, etc.

Don't try and learn every champs skill set at first as this will overwhelm you. In time, by playing against people you'll learn their skills, and by playing them you'll learn how to counter them properly.

I have been using the champion guides on this lolking.net website. I don't really like playing the same champion over and over I find it boring I usually play like 3 to 5 games with one then try out another free one. If I liked the character I'll go back to it more later. Pretty much I am reading the guides on how to play the character while waiting for the game to load.