Is it just me or does Riot just like to nerf everything?

#1hello_indigoPosted 3/20/2013 12:20:38 AM
Every patch I see has 90% nerfs and 10% buffs...it's like they just nerf one thing after another until there's nothing left. Like Liandry's torment for example. I remember that getting like 3 nerfs within a month or two maybe? Now I don't even bother using it anymore because 2% current hp burn is like nothing...all the good items slowly become useless with all the nerfs.
#2DarkArch0nPosted 3/20/2013 12:21:19 AM
Yep. Everything just keeps getting nerfed and nerfed

Anything that gets buffed becomes too strong apparently

They can't balance accordingly

lol
#3hello_indigo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:26:02 AM
DarkArch0n posted...

lol

Yeah, it's like, they don't realize, when they nerf 1 thing, people will find other better exploits/items. And then the new item will seem OP, and then they'll nerf that. And people would just once again find ANOTHER way. It's a never ending cycle untill everything is nerfed to crap.
#4ChapteroPosted 3/20/2013 12:31:36 AM
The moment everything is nerfed to crap is the moment the game will seem 'balanced'.
---
Zhehehe, A man's dream will never die !
#5DarkArch0nPosted 3/20/2013 12:35:14 AM
DarkArch0n posted...

lol

Yeah, it's like, they don't realize, when they nerf 1 thing, people will find other better exploits/items. And then the new item will seem OP, and then they'll nerf that. And people would just once again find ANOTHER way. It's a never ending cycle untill everything is nerfed to crap.

Black Cleaver? Strong as ****. Now obsolete. Blade of the Ruined King? Wasn't seen very often or at all prior to its buff. Buff? Too strong. Now gotta nerf it again. Nerf? Let's raise the price of the item ALONG with making it weaker.

Yeah, that's Riot for you.

Why don't they do a little tweaking to **** like the stupid tower stopper thingy? Or why don't they just make everything OP like in HoN?
#6Platinum_EdgePosted 3/20/2013 12:42:01 AM
I agree, and Im personally am getting tired of it.

IMO there is nothing blatantly OP in this game, the issue is that within certain roles some champs will shine brighter simply because all the other champs have been nerfed.

Take the jungle for example. I don't even own hecarim, vi or jarvan, but I would much rather see buffs to all the other outclassed jungles than see nerfs to them just because they've risen to the top.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7xVashTS98xPosted 3/20/2013 12:44:29 AM
They could fix BorK by putting it back the way it was before the buffs. That passive with AS on one item is just stupid. It was pretty good before, now it's been gutted over and over.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#8Flame_HazardPosted 3/20/2013 12:46:22 AM
It's beginning to suck the fun out of the game for me. Seemingly impossible to find something solid, learn a playstyle, do well, and expect Riot to not nerf it. Doesn't even have to be OP, just has to be well rounded and effective. It seems that the rule is that if a champ doesn't feel underwhelming, it needs to be fixed. You may get by for a while feeling like things are right, but Riot will get to you sooner or later.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#9DeadpooL7Posted 3/20/2013 12:50:17 AM
Whats it matter???

People hear nerf and they get upset but if the goal is to make everything equal whats it matter which way they go about doing it?

If they have a bunch of numbers like 9, 7, 6 ,5 , 3, 3, 3, 1 and the goal is to make them all equal then why would it matter id they nerf all the higher numbers down to 3 and buff just the 1 up to 3? Sure they could buff every number to 9 but in the end you get the same result. Everything is equal.

You also have to realize nerfs are more important to do right away. If something is OP as heck then people are all abusing it making the game not as fun, while if something is UP then likely its not making the game less fun cause no one is using it.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#10DarkArch0nPosted 3/20/2013 12:52:23 AM
You also have to realize nerfs are more important to do right away. If something is OP as heck then people are all abusing it making the game not as fun, while if something is UP then likely its not making the game less fun cause no one is using it.

Yeah it is. Nobody wants to play an underpowered champion. They're too weak to do ****. What's the point of playing someone you enjoy yet they suck because they can't really do much for the team or the game?

Having more champions that are strong >> having more champions that are weak.

At least you have more to choose from whenever you wanna play a champion god dammit.