So if you dodge a troll at the start of a series...

#11Camel-RiderPosted 3/20/2013 7:15:40 AM
you're with people that are also in their promotion match as well.

This is incorrect.
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#12Jitunu321(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 7:16:36 AM
SilenVt posted...
You aren't suppose to dodge in general and I believe that when you start a promotion match, you're with people that are also in their promotion match as well.
Also, perhaps the other team could've also had AFKs, leavers, trolls while you might've had two high Elo smurfs

1. Wrong

2. See above
#13KosukeKGAPosted 3/20/2013 7:26:29 AM(edited)
Master_striker posted...
You instantly lose the entire series and 10 elo? Who invented this awful system?

idk about the 10 elo, but its your fault for dodging. Next time ride it out, or dont force people to troll you.

Don't force people to troll you?

What game do you play

Don't worry Master_striker, Riot fanboys will say and deny anything to defend their heavily flawed matchmaking system.
#14Ninjapleas3Posted 3/20/2013 7:34:20 AM
Well what would be a better solution TC?
#15thedarklordx3Posted 3/20/2013 12:12:06 PM
just take the hit man, sometimes dodging is necessary but you've gotta take the punishment like a man

if there was no penalty, then people who DON'T dodge for good reasons would be able to do it freely
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#16infinitexxPosted 3/20/2013 12:17:44 PM
Jitunu321 posted...
Hilariously, I don't really care about my own behavior, I'm pointing out how blatantly awful this design is

So you're proposed solution is to not penalize dodging and just let people pick and choose which ranked matches they want to play, all the while causing trouble for other people who are matched with them?
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#17KosukeKGAPosted 3/20/2013 1:22:59 PM
infinitexx posted...
Jitunu321 posted...
Hilariously, I don't really care about my own behavior, I'm pointing out how blatantly awful this design is

So you're proposed solution is to not penalize dodging and just let people pick and choose which ranked matches they want to play, all the while causing trouble for other people who are matched with them?

Yes. It was great when Riot had a timer-only no elo loss punishment for the months it was implemented. You didn't have to deal with trolls and toxic players. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

If someone were to "dodge" their way up the elo ranks and eventually play with the better players, they would go back down to the elo they deserve to be at (as all the Riot fanboys love to say). It's a self-correcting system.

If people are so insistent and adamant in playing a match and get mad at dodgers, then they can go play normals or custom games.

This matchmaking is so very wrong and Riot themselves have even stated it is flawed and they hope to change Champion Select and tweak the matchmaking. Blind fanboyism.
#18kickthegnomePosted 3/20/2013 1:36:09 PM
i agree with tc on this.

When you're in your promotion it doesn't mean that the rest of your team also is. Plenty of times i've been matched with people in promotion when i'm not.

Also riot has said the reason they give u a very lenient first dodge penalty (-3lp 6 minute wait) is so you can avoid potentially toxic situations.

However by making it so if you dodge you instantly end your series this goes against how they said they want you to be able to dodge potentially toxic situations (which u can do without dodging to pick matchups).

I mean seriously. If the game is about to start and I have 3 teammates fighting, 2 of them saying they're going feed, and those 2 taking "Revive teleport" why am i penalized for avoiding the toxic situation. I can understand if you're in your series if you dodge 2-3 times it should end series. But you should be allowed 1 dodge during your series. Possibly 2 dodges if it's a best of 5.

By allowing 1 dodge this would allow you to avoid the toxic situation where you have the troll that will purposely lose the game for you while not ending your series. However it will prevent you from abusing it to pick and choose your matchups.

Like seriously it's best of 3 but we all know how much it sucks to lose the first game because a troll intentionally feeds and you couldn't dodge it. Then you're forced to win the next 2 because of a previously toxic situation. It's supposed to be best of 3 not win 2 in a row.

I don't mind losing but losing because it's essentially 4v6 is bs.