Akali and DFG

#1dranen87Posted 3/20/2013 2:02:29 PM
So I'm re-examining my Akali game, trying to carry myself out of Bronze. I was looking at Deathfire Grasp and wondering if I should get it after Gunblade, if at all.

Thoughts?
---
Que quieres en la vida?
#2Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/20/2013 2:06:29 PM
First thought is don't get gunblade on Ahri
---
And then John was a zombie.
#3dranen87(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 2:07:45 PM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...

Super helpful. I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying out Ahri. But this about Akali,
---
Que quieres en la vida?
#4SSStierPosted 3/20/2013 3:11:37 PM
I usually don't pick it up, Rylais, Zhonyas, and Lich Bane are almost always better pickups at any given time, not to mention you'll need to build a tank item at some point
---
UC
#5_RaveMaster_Posted 3/20/2013 3:31:59 PM
GunBlade is core

Ryalis
Zhonyas (ussually core)
warmogs (idk it works)
GA (meh depends on situation)
Abyssal (very rare)

pretty much all the defense you need

Lich bane
Death Cap

I don't advice any other items.
---
~Rave
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/20/2013 7:15:13 PM
dranen87 posted...
Fenrir the Wolf posted...

Super helpful. I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying out Ahri. But this about Akali,

lol @ my reading comprehension
---
And then John was a zombie.
#7TomorrowDogPosted 3/20/2013 7:20:00 PM
Why the hell would you get Gunblade on Ashe, she doesn't even use the active she has her own slows.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#8thecrossnkightPosted 3/20/2013 7:22:39 PM
Gunblade -> Giantsbelt -> Zhonyas/DFG -> DFG/Zhonyas -> Warmogs + Voidstaff(or lichbane if they arent spamming magic resist)

Do not get a rylais, warmogs gives far better survavibility for the cost, the slow is a waste, and the ap gain is meh.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#9Khaos XeroPosted 3/20/2013 7:22:58 PM
Gunblade is an overrated first pickup. Revolver + Rylai's is much better and provides more utility and tankiness. You can even just get a Void Staff after and wreck with insane base damages.
---
Playing: League of Legends [PC], Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne [PS2]
#10Susan0Posted 3/20/2013 7:42:58 PM
DFG got nerfed, still okay, but it's better to get a Rabadon's or giants->Rylais instead after Gunblade

Get DFG if you are going glass cannon, and need the extra burst and CDR
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D