Support Thresh build?

#1wantfastcarsPosted 3/20/2013 3:59:16 PM
So I picked up Thresh the other day, and, when it's not 3v5 from lag and disconnects or a free-week Quinn is feeding her ass off, I'm thoroughly enjoying him. I use Flash and Heal or Exhaust, depending on what my carry wants. 0/1/21 masteries (only level 22). My question is, though, if I'm building him well. My typical build order is:

3 Sight Wards, 2 Pots, Faerie Charm start
Rush Glacial Shroud
Sightstone
Boots (straight to Lucidity if I can afford)
Sightstone
Boots of Lucidity (w/ Captain if I got Lucidity earlier)
Iceborn Gauntlet
And I started building Zeke's Herald after that, but I've never gotten far enough to finish it.

QWE 1-2-3, then max W, then Q (R when available, obviously). I take Faerie Charm instead of the Rejuvenation Bead because I tend to spam my Q, and before I get mana boosting items that eats my mana real fast. Glacial Shroud provides some welcome CDR, Mana, and AP which helps... well, everything. Gives my Q, E, and R a little more punch and a nice buff for my Lantern's shield. Sightstone should be obvious on a support, Captain's on Lucidity is nice because Thresh is so damn slow. Iceborn is basically Glacial but more, and then Zeke's Herald would cap me at 40% CDR and give a nice health buff, and the Aura would be super helpful in teamfights.

Unfortunately, I have yet to test this out at full build because literally every game (except for the last one I played) had, like I said at the beginning of this post, a free week Quinn and someone AFK or disconnected. Does this look good, or am I doing it completely wrong? Should I always be getting Ruby Sightstone?
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#2wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:22:18 PM
So... anyone?
---
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#3FoxDragon13Posted 3/20/2013 4:55:50 PM
I would remove IBG, and go for Ageis

He does not have that short of cool downs to spam. Get some MR
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#4Darkyellow327Posted 3/20/2013 4:57:52 PM
wantfastcars posted...
So... anyone?

You must be wracking up assists or kills because your build is kind of expensive. I would get a Philo, Stone, Aegis, and then whatever you feel like you need. Thresh doesn't really need much as long as you're not getting stomped because of his passive. You'll have like 70+ bonus armor 20 minutes in.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#5TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/20/2013 5:05:08 PM
Depending on match up, I try to open up with a ward or two, a detection ward (to counter ward), and a bunch of health pots.

Depending on how it is going, my first items are usually between: philo stone, kages lucky, or sight stone.

Aegis is a must, its too powerful to not use. Upgrading to bulwark is a no brainer.

Depending on how things are going, that should help you figure out what to go. If you are all in support, get more aura items, keep the sight stone, and buy oracles and clean up.

You can make him tankier because he does make a very great iniator.

Or after the good support items, just start trickling in DPS items. He will freak people out when his first auto attack rips half their health off.

He can really do just about anything you want him to. The thing I tell new players is "The first thing to do to learn a character is memorize a build. Then the second thing to do is forgot that build." It applies a ton to him as well.
---
lol
#6wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 5:40:52 PM
If the one game I played that was a true 5v5 (no disconnects/feeders on either team) is anything to go by, I do tend to get a lot of assists (2/8/20). I also use the bonus gold per 10 mastery (but not bonus starting gold), and I often end up recalling about 1/2 as often as my carry, so I often get a minion wave or two to myself, so gold is rarely an issue. I'll try going for Aegis/Bulwark over Glacial Shroud/IBG. I know my cooldowns aren't that long overall, but 30/28/26 seconds off my ult at even 20% CDR is very nice indeed. The IBG was more for the bonus Mana and CDR than the armor, too.

His passive is absolutely WONDERFUL. Typically end up near 200 armor by the end of a 30-minute match, more if it goes longer, which is really great. I'll see how I do building the Bulwark instead of the IBG. Thanks!
---