Why is the LoL community so unforgiving?

#1Soviet_PolandPosted 3/20/2013 4:36:44 PM
I haven't played in a few months. Before starting back up, I spent some time reading up on changes, updating my masteries, and practiced a few rounds on bots.

Of course, I was still really rusty. I wasn't getting 12-2 KDRs like I used to, that's for sure.

But my last two games have been filled with screaming, whining, complaining, trolling, and general immaturity.

For starters, my last game I got bullied into being jungle, when I hadn't quite finished my runes for it. Then I got yelled at for not having good runes/proper masteries. I tried explaining I wasn't geared to do jungle at the time, but that's too rational for my team to handle.

So game goes on, and I'm expected to give the buffs every time to one of our laners. So I'm behind in my leveling because I had to make more unexpected trips to the fountain, on top of not being optimized for the role.

All in all, the things I got yelled at were quick fixes if someone just told me what to alter about my playstyle. Instead it was just cussing and yelling. So much less productive, and they think they're doing good by just telling me how much I sucked. How am I supposed to improve? I hope to god they never get a managerial position with their leadership ability.

I don't have the time to make LoL my full time job, but even doing slight research isn't enough to not get my head ripped off by a bunch of immature brats. It's a shame, I used to genuinely enjoy this game.
#2ryanaPosted 3/20/2013 4:40:36 PM
Yeah, some people are bad, get used to the mute feature
#3eco masterPosted 3/20/2013 4:43:35 PM(edited)
Mute and report. Do what you can to help the game be more enjoyable, just don't stoop to their level.

I believe you can now see muted people's pings, and many are adapting to the new missing ping, so you should be able to play just fine.

Alternatively, find some friends to play with! I'm sure there'll be some people you can find a game with here most of the time.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#4Soviet_Poland(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:48:11 PM
Fair enough. I'm just worried that maybe I'm not competitive enough to justify myself on a team. Should I make another account and go through the lower levels again? That might help me get back on the learning curve.
#5eco masterPosted 3/20/2013 4:52:24 PM
Soviet_Poland posted...
Fair enough. I'm just worried that maybe I'm not competitive enough to justify myself on a team. Should I make another account and go through the lower levels again? That might help me get back on the learning curve.

If you're feeling pretty far out of the loop, it could help. I'd suggest sticking with your current account and let matchmaking figure out where you should be, but playing on a second account when you're legitimately feeling like you need to re-learn the game doesn't sound bad to me.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain