What if SoloQ was like Dota's captain's mode?

#1peetotPosted 3/20/2013 8:50:03 PM
Good idea? - Results (61 votes)
SoloQ would be better if it was captain's mode.
44.26% (27 votes)
SoloQ would be worse if it was captain's mode.
55.74% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Person with highest elo picks the champ for the rest of the players. This will avoid "mid or feed" situations and will force teams to come up with a consensus as to who goes where. Pick order would be better, as support/jungle would always be picked first and each champ given to the corresponding player.

I know not all champions are available. What would happen is the captain clicks on a player, and that player's pool shows up. Then, the captain can pick the champ that player wants.
#2GrassCatPosted 3/20/2013 8:52:40 PM
Could go either way.
---
Grass is superior to Normal.
#3peetot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:53:38 PM
And during the queue, people could vote "good captain" or "bad captain" based on how the captain help the team come up with a consensus. A person with a good captain rating will obviously be captain more often, whereas someone with a bad rating will rarely be given the chance to be a captain.
#4hockeydude15Posted 3/20/2013 8:54:51 PM
Would work a lot better if the captain was a reasonable player/person. But you are talking about solo queue, a place where that does not exist and as such the amount of trolling and queue dodging would be ridiculous.
---
Yawn
#5eco masterPosted 3/20/2013 8:55:03 PM
That doesn't sound like a terrible way of handling things, honestly. Giving that much power to one player in a group of strangers will undoubtedly cause issues every so often (and duo+ may have issues as well, but you did say solo specifically - would still like to see this in all queues if at all), but I think it'd be better than what we currently have.

I like the idea, but I'd want select times to be a bit longer to accommodate for more discussion. Heck, I'd like that even without this change.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#6peetot(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:56:48 PM
hockeydude15 posted...
Would work a lot better if the captain was a reasonable player/person. But you are talking about solo queue, a place where that does not exist and as such the amount of trolling and queue dodging would be ridiculous.

Yeah, but captains trolling would get 4 "bad captain" votes and will rarely be captains again. After a few weeks, when everyone has been captain a few times, ratings will start to make a difference and most captains will be reasonable.
#7Mr_TacoPosted 3/20/2013 9:12:48 PM
peetot posted...
hockeydude15 posted...

Yeah, but captains trolling would get 4 "bad captain" votes and will rarely be captains again. After a few weeks, when everyone has been captain a few times, ratings will start to make a difference and most captains will be reasonable.

4 bad captain votes should kick the captain and put them on a short queue ban.
---
10/10 List 2013 thus far: Tomb Raider, SimCity
#8DarkLagunaPosted 3/20/2013 9:47:31 PM
You're far, FAR underestimating the toxicity of LoL.

EVERYONE will get bad captain votes. Call for Top, but he gives you support? Bad Captain vote. Give Mid to someone that claims they're diomond elo, who then proceeds to troll and feed? Bad Captain vote. Captain picks champions and roles that everyone is happy with, but the team loses? It must be the Captain's fault; Bad Captain vote.

Plus, it pretty much ruins what makes LoL better than Dota; Being able to play the position and character you want, Dota also relies on the fact that everyone has every champion; What you'd see in LoL, if Captain Mode became a thing, is people would make smurf accounts where they only buy characters of the lane they want to play, so they pretty much HAVE to be that position, or get stuck with a free week character (or a character that isn't so good in another lane, like Garen Support).

You're thinking Captain Mode would make LoL less toxic, but it wouldn't. And Riot would lose a ton of players and income, because they never get to play the champions they want, that they just spent all their RP on for a fancy new skin.

So, no. No captain mode. Learn to deal with other people, or go play Dota if you think it's better. Simple as that.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#9Ultima_Weapon33Posted 3/21/2013 7:07:00 AM
Plus, it pretty much ruins what makes LoL better than Dota; Being able to play the position and character you want,

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD
#10KosukeKGAPosted 3/21/2013 7:10:19 AM
So much ignorance in this thread.