What if SoloQ was like Dota's captain's mode?

#11PrizmSlashPosted 3/21/2013 7:14:49 AM
I love how the people in this community have so much faith in themselves.
---
-_-
#12Gogito4Posted 3/21/2013 7:19:27 AM
You'd just get trolls as captains. I fail to see the difference.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#13omega bahumatPosted 3/21/2013 7:19:34 AM
Ultima_Weapon33 posted...
Plus, it pretty much ruins what makes LoL better than Dota; Being able to play the position and character you want,

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
#14ERLiNoPosted 3/21/2013 7:41:17 AM
honestly as much as I want to win ranked games I would probably abuse this power aswel sometimes ...
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#15SpacefrisianPosted 3/21/2013 7:43:39 AM
ib4 "Give me top or i report"?

But in honesty i would like to see where this would go.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#16shingo fanPosted 3/21/2013 7:48:44 AM
Plus, it pretty much ruins what makes LoL better than Dota; Being able to play the position and character you want,

I can't believe I'm agreeing with this guy, but yeah, that.
---
Question: What is with the internet's love of hyperbole?
#17KrKABUT0Posted 3/21/2013 10:14:28 AM
People would just report for not getting the role or even champion they wanted.

Being able to que for positions would be so much better.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#18MixednuttsPosted 3/22/2013 9:40:31 PM
shingo fan posted...

I can't believe I'm agreeing with this guy, but yeah, that.

I know CHA pretty much comes here to troll but... yeah, pretty hard not to agree with this.
---
http://rimshot.minitroopers.com
We FIGHT because [Insert reason/excuse/whatever here]!
#19darkelfkillerPosted 3/22/2013 10:06:45 PM
DarkLaguna posted...
You're far, FAR underestimating the toxicity of LoL.

EVERYONE will get bad captain votes. Call for Top, but he gives you support? Bad Captain vote. Give Mid to someone that claims they're diomond elo, who then proceeds to troll and feed? Bad Captain vote. Captain picks champions and roles that everyone is happy with, but the team loses? It must be the Captain's fault; Bad Captain vote.

Plus, it pretty much ruins what makes LoL better than Dota; Being able to play the position and character you want, Dota also relies on the fact that everyone has every champion; What you'd see in LoL, if Captain Mode became a thing, is people would make smurf accounts where they only buy characters of the lane they want to play, so they pretty much HAVE to be that position, or get stuck with a free week character (or a character that isn't so good in another lane, like Garen Support).

You're thinking Captain Mode would make LoL less toxic, but it wouldn't. And Riot would lose a ton of players and income, because they never get to play the champions they want, that they just spent all their RP on for a fancy new skin.

So, no. No captain mode. Learn to deal with other people, or go play Dota if you think it's better. Simple as that.

So, you're telling me that. Because I don't have the highest elo, I don't get to pick who I play?

Yep, I'd quit League.
---
"This is it. This is your story. It all begins here."
LoL IGN: Dr Steinman, Steam ID- Drsteinman, XBL GT: Dr.Steinman, 8/3/2010, best day ever.
#20Ultima_Weapon33Posted 3/22/2013 11:01:29 PM
Mixednutts posted...
I know CHA pretty much comes here to troll but... yeah, pretty hard not to agree with this.

Please read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

You're welcome for the education, internet newposter.
---
You'll see - Eternal love, that's what this is
This feeling that I just cannot resist... OD