Riot gave me $100 to talk about League. AMAA

#1kirbyakaZPosted 3/20/2013 11:41:57 PM
Ask Me Almost Anything.

You know those emails you get sometimes where they ask at the end if you would be willing to go to Santa Monica for a focus group?

Well, I went to one today. It was really fun. If anyone has any questions about the process, go ahead and ask!
---
High Five if you love Jesus!
High fives:13 Annoyed faces:4
#2gallantknightPosted 3/21/2013 1:01:00 AM
How did you get the opportunity?
---
"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful!"
#3kirbyakaZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:14:36 AM
I found a post of theirs on facebook offering for it, I have also received emails in the past asking about player feedback.
---
#4remaxclanPosted 3/21/2013 1:27:36 AM
What do you think League of Legends has over Dota2?
---
Gamertag - T4CT1CALREMAX
#5kirbyakaZ(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:38:47 AM
Well, that wasn't a topic of discussion, but honestly, I don't know. They are both great games that know their audience and try to cater/market to them as much as they can.

However, I will say that Riot has a better marketing strategy than Valve in this genera.
Valve's Steam sales get people hooked, "Oh it's just $2 for this random game! I'll buy it!" well, Riot does the same thing. They make everything you need to play free eventually, but make it so you can get it a little faster by simply paying for it, and give you sales all the time! So you feel like a sucker for not buying something when it is on sale sometimes, especially skins.
---