Any vlad tips

#1SavageSoul21Posted 3/20/2013 11:48:04 PM
Currently this week he is my go to champ. Feels like i do very well with him. Currently im taking the mid lane and maxing transfuse first followed by tides of blood. Items im getting hextech revolver and spirit visage first. after that im kinda lost on what i should do. any pointers?
---
"Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock"
#2Small_appliancePosted 3/20/2013 11:53:19 PM
Honestly, you should only bother with Spirit Visage if you're losing your lane and you really need the extra sustain. Liandry's and Rylai's are just too important on him to hold off on.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#3Alom_o_molaPosted 3/20/2013 11:57:08 PM
I'm going to hijack this for a sec but

When should I use Pool?
I tend to panic pool waaay too many times. Is it possible to use it on reaction? Know I run around 30fps due to high ping
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#4Small_appliancePosted 3/21/2013 12:52:31 AM
The best advice I can give for that is to just keep playing and get a feel for it. Don't be afraid to pool, but try not to do it when you're at or near full health unless you really think that you'd die by not doing it. It's always funny when I see a Vlad panic pool after he's been ignited and then die from the lost health.

Also, a good thing to do is ghost and then pool immediately afterward. This will avoid a large amount of damage and get you away more quickly.

Keep in mind that you can use your pool offensively as well. It gives a slight increase to movespeed, and you can use it to catch up to people if you need to. Pooling in the middle of a fight will give you enough time for your Q and E cooldowns to come back up as well. If you have Zhonya's, then you can effectively get off your QE combo at least three times in any given fight by spacing out your invulns with your moves.
---
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.
#5Alom_o_molaPosted 3/21/2013 2:16:08 AM
Small_appliance posted...
It's always funny when I see a Vlad panic pool after he's been ignited and then die from the lost health.

That happened too many times
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#6SavageSoul21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:28:35 AM
I feel like i have a good handle on his playstyle. Im not dying and usually the highest level character on my team. (im a noob tho so only playing PvBots atm) Its just items and stats that really got me unsure
---
#7AzrahaiPosted 3/21/2013 10:26:05 AM
If your opponent is bursting you down easily, don't be afraid to go Warmog's first. More damage won't help if you're dead, so focus on staying alive. Vlad's potency really comes around late game, so rushing damage isn't always the best strategy anyway.

If you're bullying your opponent, keep it up by buying more damage early (Liandry's especially, and Deathcap or DFG) and get health later in the form of Rylai's, and probably a Zhonya's for armor and the active.

I always get Ionian boots (cdr) on him. I've tried sorc shoes and I've found better results from more frequent skill rotations, especially since I'll be getting at least Liandry's for the Mpen anyway, and usually also either an Abyssal or Void staff. Vlad benefits highly from cooldown reduction.

In teamfights, you'll either want to rush in and get focus then pool+zhonya, or hang back until the fight has started and then come in and constant AoE, depending on how much CC the enemy has and how tanky your allies are. Your low range means you might die a lot, but you can contribute a great deal and swing the fight for your team even if you die. Your ult is a huge swing factor, provided people follow up on it.

Ghost is generally better than flash on Vlad, since he can pool and flee, and to chase low enemies since he lacks range or cc. Try taking Heal and see if it helps. His natural sustain + Heal can make him deceptively durable and you can win fights that way, sometimes pulling a kill out of it.
---
This behavior must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways.
#8AzrahaiPosted 3/21/2013 10:30:11 AM
I just saw that you're playing against bots. In that case, experiment with whatever until you find what you like. My usual build is:
Hextech Revolver
Ionian boots
Liandry's Torment
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Zhonya's Hourglass/Rabadon's Deathcap
Void Staff/Abyssal Scepter

Level Q first always. Level W at 2 if your opponent is highly bursty or chases hard, level E if you're able to stand up to them. Get the other at 4.
---
This behavior must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways.
#9SavageSoul21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:53:45 PM
id like to play against ppl but i dont wanna drag my team down with my noobiness. I am only playing bots till i for sure know what im doing
---
#10TwidgerPosted 3/21/2013 1:58:50 PM
Alom_o_mola posted...
I'm going to hijack this for a sec but

When should I use Pool?
I tend to panic pool waaay too many times. Is it possible to use it on reaction? Know I run around 30fps due to high ping

I generally use pool when you're at VERY low hp and need to escape(like under %20 hp) or you need to dodge a skill shot or something

If you use pool correctly you can dodge a lot of stuff, including veigar's ult (let him shoot you, then pool before it hits), you can also kite around champ under a tower if they try to dive

My build really depends on the enemy team, but I only get spirit visage if the enemy team is AP heavy:

Will of the ancients
Boots (either magic pen or CDR depending on situation)
Deathcap
Zhonyas
Absyyal (if i need the MR, but check if anyone else on team has it first, get Spirit visage is you need MR but someone else has this item)
Rylais
*Void staff if you have no magic pen yet or enemy team is building MR