Caitlyn.... a dangerous mid?

#1Gig_NFBBPosted 3/21/2013 4:25:20 AM
So I was playing a number of rounds as Malzahar, and trashing other usual mids like Akali.
Then...
* A wild Caitlyn appeared *

That's right. In mid. First thing she does is to throw down all 3 Yordle Snap Traps in mid.
We wait, and the minions spawn. She then proceeds to zone me out by her ungodly range, which I have being doing previously. She then proceeds to kill me, but I pull one out her too, breaking even. This systematically happens the whole laning phase, and it shows heavily in midgame, when she starts unloading on my defenseless teammates before I can help.

Any way to actually dominate her during early game? Her AA range is unnerving and makes it hard to farm....
Anyway, ow.
---
The above post is either real or surreal.Have fun guessing.
#2Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/21/2013 4:30:44 AM(edited)
ADC mid was like the way to do things back in early S1. Cait mid is still great for denying AP champs early game, especially folks like Kass with melee autos. I once faced a Vayne mid too. It was harder than I thought it would be tbh
---
And then John was a zombie.
#3BhelliumPosted 3/21/2013 4:55:05 AM(edited)
it's becoming a thing again

I'm surprised it's not more of a thing, especially for someone like Cait with good bush coverage and range.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#4Doom2006Posted 3/21/2013 6:55:54 AM
good bush coverage and range.

Vi thinks so.
---
"Deadly Premonition is the worst game I have ever played. Vampire Rain was better than this."- Arucard06
#5SpacefrisianPosted 3/21/2013 7:45:15 AM
Gig_NFBB posted...

Any way to actually dominate her during early game? Her AA range is unnerving and makes it hard to farm....
Anyway, ow.

Get Sivir, walk on her traps with shield like a boss and laugh all day.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#6ssupermario92Posted 3/21/2013 7:45:57 AM
banwagoner
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 47 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: Athiniel
#7hyorinryuPosted 3/21/2013 7:54:09 AM(edited)
Gig_NFBB posted...

Anyway, ow.

Get Sivir, walk on her traps with shield like a boss and laugh all day.

Won't you still get harassed to hell by autos though?
---
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
#8SundarOct131088Posted 3/21/2013 7:54:47 AM
Cait is probably the easiest mid. I play her mid occasionally in blind pick matches and I don't remember ever losing mid lane as her. I don't always dominate lane in terms of kills but I build up a huge cs advantage and end up killing 1 or sometimes even 2 enemy towers extremely early in the game which often results in the enemy mid either going afk or roaming and usually feeding, it's hilarious.
#9GrAyFoX312kPosted 3/21/2013 7:57:48 AM
You need a high burst champ or one with a gap closer to shut her down.
---
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" -Grayfox
XBL/PSN : GrayFox312k
#10shadyelfPosted 3/21/2013 8:06:42 AM
I remember getting stomped by them at mid when I first started playing this game (I mained Annie then)
---
?