Vayne or MF?

#1megaxleoxPosted 3/21/2013 9:11:09 AM
Topic.
I like MF but people say Vayne is the best adc.
Decisions, decisions...
---
PSN ID: xLeox91 - Skullgirls: Filia - Valentine. Possibly Squiggly.
#2Mogu_MoguPosted 3/21/2013 9:18:23 AM
Miss Fortune.

Anyone saying Vayne is the best ADC is either stupid or bad. Usually both. Even DoubleLift who is arguably the best Vayne in NA has yet to make that claim. And I know LOD has said that Vayne is just flat out bad now after her nerfs.

The only reason she's making somewhat of a comeback is because of League of Warmogs and Ezreal losing his AS debuff along with a series of item changes like the new BotRK which Vayne can take advantage of quite well. Because of these things she's risen a few ranks, for sure, but by no means is she the best ADC. If anything, Miss Fortune is currently the best ADC. Or Varus or Twitch. Hell, Tristana is even making a decent return to the top because of the want to stay as far away as possible from these gap closing one combo burst killing bruisers.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#3fft_ramzaPosted 3/21/2013 9:28:46 AM
Well having tried both champs I perform better as Vayne, that's mainly because she seems somewhat stronger than MF, I just got Vayne a couple days ago and my first game I went something like 23/5/10, and won not only that but a lot of matches. While having played MF a lot during her free week I never won a single match with her, maybe because I kept getting the worst feeder supports ever.
---
Signature for rent
#4SalvatorePosted 3/21/2013 9:32:15 AM
Base it on what kind of playstyle you prefer. Miss Fortune mainly brings two things to the table beyond the standard ADC fare: great poke for laning, and a huge AoE damage ultimate. Vayne, on the other hand, is about elusiveness and, as the game goes on, a blisteringly high amount of single-target damage. Would you rather poke and wombo-combo, or dodge and melt?
---
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
#5DeanyzyPosted 3/21/2013 9:33:04 AM
MF is a safer pick, she's a good all rounder. Vayne has a very weak laning phase but she scales harder then almost anyone when it comes to the late game. I'd personally go for MF.
#6ryanaPosted 3/21/2013 9:41:04 AM
Either can be better depending on the team comp tbh. If you have a CC heavy composition, I would lean towards Miss Fortune. Especially if you have someone with a nice aoe CC (Amumu, Sejuani, etc.) as those synergy with her ult really well.

If your team lacks CC I like Vayne more, as she is not nearly as reliant on it.
#7BhelliumPosted 3/21/2013 9:46:48 AM
Vayne is a real pain without a good support, in my experience.
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#8PhoenixEgg88Posted 3/21/2013 10:24:16 AM
Vayne require looking after by a good support. Janna and lulu both work well with her. As does leona if you want to kill lane it up.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#9UnderwaterAirPosted 3/21/2013 10:27:07 AM
Even with Janna's shield and slow and knockup there are not many duo bots that Vayne could trade against. Janna is hence not a really good support for Vayne. Maybe against certain matchups but not in solo queue games. And especially not since I don't trust any Janna below 1800 elo.

Well, that is to say, I trust them to blow.
Pun intended. :p
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#10MIG297Posted 3/21/2013 11:03:21 AM
MF is the better ADC.

Vayne can carry so much harder than MF but she can also get shut down much harder early on since her early game is just awful. MF stays good at all stages of the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif