Udyr got almost reworked?

#31OnionOfMysteryPosted 3/21/2013 8:22:52 PM
I seriously don't even know how they looked at this, these numbers, any of it, and said the themselves:

"Yeah, this looks about right."
---
The official OnionOfMystery of Reality.
"Vaan is like a Robin in a universe composed entirely of Batmans."
#32Master_strikerPosted 3/21/2013 8:27:55 PM
This makes udyr like legit unplayable top... Not happy about the tiger stance change and passive... Ugh.... That turtle nerf is bothering me so much.

What is riot thinking?

"Let's take away what udyr does best, dueling. Nothing will go wrong"
---
yooooooo
#33martinkacaPosted 3/21/2013 8:37:51 PM
themagicpainman posted...
spartanreborn1 posted...
GGWP Udyr.
Nerfed into Oblivion. The extra Move Speed is very nice, but at this cost?

AT WHAT COST JEFF.

Well played sir, well played.
---
Currently Playing: HM:New Beginning, LoL, Towns, Age of Empires:Online
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2022-9954
#34TomorrowDogPosted 3/21/2013 9:01:06 PM
IMPORTANT

This is PBE. This is where riot tries out various numbers to test and play with. This does not mean it will go live like this!
The following is datamined from the TOOLTIPS, this means any changes, are changes made to the tooltips and may not reflect abilities that have values that don't match their tooltips
-Riot may not always fully update a tooltip, PLEASE do not rage about changes, take these as a basic idea of what to go test on the PBE!
This compares PBE to PBE (not live)
"Remember, PBE are not patch notes!" ~ @RiotMorello!

Please stop looking for excuses to get irate and *****y people. Goddamn.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#35Rising ChaosPosted 3/21/2013 9:40:56 PM
I didn't think the BotRK buff would get through either but it did. Then they had to hotfix it a couple days later because apparently nobody at Riot actually bothered to look at the numbers they gave it.

I never put any stock into PBE stuff until it's live but that one leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. We'll see, I guess.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#36g-cube_mastaPosted 3/21/2013 10:24:57 PM
Passive: Losing the armor and mr sucks but the movespeed is actually deceptively a lot. People forget it stacks three times so it will be +15 at 3 stacks of Monkey's Agility. That's like a free alacrity enchantment.

Tack on to that the fact that +15 flat ms has great synergy with his higher MS steroid on his E (35% at rank 5 is equal to ghost for 3 seconds).

Q: Change to physical can be good and bad. He benefits from Arpen now so in top lane an early brutalizer can be a serious option that would make your damage REALLY good. That said he no longer has that "hybrid" feel with his damage output when going AD Tiger top which isn't too big of a loss tbqh.

W: The loss of the mana regen really hurts here. That said at least his mana costs were buffed across the board. After your first mana item you should be fine anyways. Now that Tiger does physical you can actually go an AD build and perhaps get a tear for Manamune.

Muramana Black Cleaver Tiger Udyr could turn some heads IMO. Especially since he loves the mana items in this game (Frozen Fist, Frozen Heart, Banshee's)

The extra base on the shield is nice, I didn't check but I think this is a reversion of a nerf he got to the base shield strength.

E: This is a great buff. Lower mana cost, WAY higher MS boost (rank 3 of the new one is only 2% less than live's rank 5 [25% rank 3 PBE compared to 27% rank 5 on live).

You lose a second off the duration but 3 seconds is still a lot. Not to mention that they added a no movement collision portion to it which is a massive buff for him. As a melee champ with an archaic model size he gets creep blocked a lot so this will be a big buff.

R: I'm not sure about the notes on this one but it seems like the AP and AD steroids have been removed which hurts. The fact that the first hit procs his passive is a MASSIVE BUFF. That would increase his clear speed by so much getting the damage on the first hit and then the fourth. That is a big deal and really buffs his DPS. I'm guessing this is why they removed the steroid and honestly if that is the case that is a tradeoff I would definitely make.

They shifted the damage a bit from the passive to the active with more of a buff on the active. That's pretty nice too and gives you incentive to buy some AP (not much but some, like Frozen Fist, Ohmwrecker or Banner of Command; all great utility items that gives stats Udyr wants).

Overall I think the changes are good. Udyr did need some love, Season 3 really left him behind, despite a few successful appearances in LCS.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#37Shadow EdgePosted 3/21/2013 10:37:38 PM
Not to mention that they added a no movement collision portion to it

Where?
---
ns
#38g-cube_mastaPosted 3/21/2013 10:47:02 PM
Not to mention that they added a no movement collision portion to it

Where?

Refresh the page, they updated it and added that.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#39xDarknezzxPosted 3/22/2013 12:53:22 AM
yeeeeeees
if this goes through udyr will be my favourite champ again
#40profDEADPOOLPosted 3/22/2013 4:22:12 AM(edited)
That E change is a huge buff since it now ignores minions.

R change is iffy. The proc coming right away is huge but the lack of AP and AD is noticeable.

I would much rather gain mana then be able to crit while in turtle. Please change that back.

the Q change depends on who you are using tiger on and how much Arpen you have for whether it is better or not.

Passive change is much better for ganking. Makes his clears a little bit worse. Def a nerf for when you take him top.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, C&XF, Gambit, Young Avengers, Hawkguy, GA, I, Vampire, JLD and Constantine