Do you get put in placement matches with other people in placement matches?

#1Lord_WoobiePosted 3/21/2013 6:50:47 PM
Pretty much topic.

Also, would you guys recommend duo queueing with a friend for placement matches? Would it strongly affect the people you face and the LP / elo / voodoo mumbo jumbo you gain or lose at each game?

Lastly, does queue dodging in placements dent your rating more strongly than dodging elsewhere? And would it qualify as a loss like it does in promotion games?
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#2kourkourPosted 3/21/2013 6:53:33 PM
If I were you i'd play my placements matches alone, ending up in the wrong elo (as it were) will make you miserable, be it higher or lower. And seeing as how it's unlikely you are exactly evenly matched with your friend i'd roll solo. That's just my 2 cents though.
---
"stereotypical internet guy" -Fuzzy_Blanket
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/kourkour/xcluded.jpg
#3Lord_Woobie(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:45:19 AM
Thanks for the advice!

What do people think of the other 2 questions?
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#4FvPPosted 3/25/2013 11:48:02 AM
- You get paired with people around your level, whether they are 5 games in or 200
- I queued with a friend sometimes, because he's better than me and I want him to carry me cause I'm a scrub
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#5infinitexxPosted 3/25/2013 11:50:21 AM(edited)
Queue dodging in a placement match ends your placement series.

edit: nm, was reading that as promotion. Yes, I've heard that it tanks your placement.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#6FvPPosted 3/25/2013 11:50:17 AM
Queue dodging in a placement match ends your placement series.

Um no
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#7MMG_Posted 3/25/2013 11:59:52 AM
On my smurf I played with bronze players on my placement matches and it was fun.
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]|||||||||||||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\