Sick of seeing Jungle Nasus done wrong

#1VergilkillaPosted 3/21/2013 10:28:43 PM
Diamondprox made jungle Nasus popular, and with that a million folks are heading to the jungle with the big dog trying to perform the way he did.

I've noticed they usually fail miserably - maybe 150 CS (maybe 60-70 stakcs i'd reckon) stacks on SS at VERY best - but all the while the super aggressive early game junglers (Xin J4 Vi Hec) on the other team have been applying heavy pressure to Nasus's lanes and the game can't be won anymore because all of the enemies are fed and Nasus's own team is pooped upon.

I've played Jungle Nasus a good bit, before Diamond and since then. I do believe he is a very very solid pick in the jungle - but it MUST be done right.

So I rant the following 5 commandments:

I. SKILL ORDER IS R > E (spirit fire) > W (wither) > Q (get-AD-smack). Call me crazy but I actually "checker" between W and E.

II. Jungle Nasus ganks A TON. With the best slow in the game and a heavy AoE armor shred in E... he is a strong ganker esp. with all the ADs in every position these days. He is not a "farm jungle". Im sick of people saying that. "Farm jungle" doesn't exist anymore.

III. You farm Q.... but YOU DONT SACRIFICE CLEAR TIME... ever!

IV. Jungle Nasus can solo drag at 6 with Ult and blue (which you should think about taking).

V. You build tanky/utility. If I see a bloodthirster Im a sad panda. Locket, Frozen Heart, Spririt Visage, Randuin's, Warmogs, Bulwark, Mallet, Iceborn Gauntlet... think about those items.

No more crappy Jungle Nasus!
---
"The lions come storming in...the spectacle...begins..."
#2MhkaMAthPosted 3/21/2013 10:30:48 PM
but it MUST be done right.

You just lost 85% of the community.
---
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6840/mathz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/iB1sU.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/juliaxx/Picture56.jpg Free stuff!
#3xVashTS98xPosted 3/21/2013 10:38:58 PM
I thought the skill order was common. Are people really maxing Q first?
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#4Vergilkilla(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:41:33 PM
xVashTS98x posted...

They really are. I figured it was common knowledge, but over the last week I've ran into folks going Q and its really been baffling. It's people too set on the Q farm mechanic. It's key to lane Nasus - but what's cool about Nasus is that his lane and jungle playstyle are TOTALLY different (minus builds - builds are similar).
---
"The lions come storming in...the spectacle...begins..."
#5YouMustRecover_Posted 3/21/2013 10:43:36 PM
xVashTS98x posted...

I do :(
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/LETITRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
#6magnusblitzPosted 3/21/2013 10:48:43 PM
Vergilkilla posted...
He is not a "farm jungle". Im sick of people saying that. "Farm jungle" doesn't exist anymore.

I think this is really the most important thing people don't understand. The jungle creeps, by themselves, are not equal to a lane's CS. Not even close. Attempting to limit yourself to farming jungle with a farm-reliant champion will result in a loss.

Though I think it really shows how good a job Riot did. "Ganking junglers are too powerful in Season 2. So let's make farm jungle impossible!"
#7Rising ChaosPosted 3/22/2013 12:01:00 AM
Disagree. Jungle gold starts outstripping lane gold ten minutes in or so. You can be a farm jungler so long as you're prepared to deal with losers crying that you aren't camping every lane, especially if you're someone like Kha'zix that just instantly clears every camp.

Nasus is not one of those champions but still.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#8BoogyyPosted 3/24/2013 8:08:41 AM
A lot of Jungle Nasi don't realize that they can get 3-4 lane's worth of Q stacks without having to sacrifice time either if they max E first >.>.

E camp, Q(1) small minion, attack big minion, Q(2, or 1) another small minion if they're still alive. Attack big minion, Q it (3 or 4 from double)
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#9Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 3/24/2013 9:17:06 AM
magnusblitz posted...
Vergilkilla posted...
He is not a "farm jungle". Im sick of people saying that. "Farm jungle" doesn't exist anymore.

I think this is really the most important thing people don't understand. The jungle creeps, by themselves, are not equal to a lane's CS. Not even close. Attempting to limit yourself to farming jungle with a farm-reliant champion will result in a loss.

Though I think it really shows how good a job Riot did. "Ganking junglers are too powerful in Season 2. So let's make farm jungle impossible!"

Riot has changed everything so if one farms the jungle only, then they get a gold amount equal to a perfectly farmed lane. Add b's and Ganks and a farm jungler is quite valuable. Math don't lie.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.
#10Master Of The DeadPosted 3/24/2013 9:22:54 AM
Disagree. Jungle gold starts outstripping lane gold ten minutes in or so. You can be a farm jungler so long as you're prepared to deal with losers crying that you aren't camping every lane, especially if you're someone like Kha'zix that just instantly clears every camp.

Nasus is not one of those champions but still.

It's not the money that's the issue though, its the amount of CS that is at question.
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif