Is Elise still good?

#1EmoglobinPosted 3/22/2013 6:59:31 AM
Way back before her mana nerfs she was basically my main, as she's playable in both top, mid, AND the jungle. After her mana ners though, I never played her again for some reason. Is she still a tanky, unstoppable, burst monster?
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#2Dota2Posted 3/22/2013 6:59:40 AM
nop
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/i55WtVMq1qDnu.jpg
#3TomorrowDogPosted 3/22/2013 7:01:11 AM
support elise op
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4Emoglobin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:29:31 AM
can I get some actual answers here?
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#5ThyCorndogPosted 3/22/2013 8:30:16 AM
she is still scary as hell
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#6_HeXPosted 3/22/2013 8:34:12 AM
She's still pretty good, but she's recieved another round of nerfs and a small buff the last patch:

Neurotoxin
Cast range reduced to 625 from 650
Damage reduced to 40/80/120/160/200 from 50/95/140/185/230

Venomous Bite
Damage increased to 60/110/160/210/260 from 50/95/140/185/230

If you're struggling with mana you have the option to take mana reg runes and/or masteries, another option is getting an early tear if you're dominating your lane you'll have it stacked in no time.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#7Emoglobin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:37:46 AM
_HeX posted...
She's still pretty good, but she's recieved another round of nerfs and a small buff the last patch:

Neurotoxin

Venomous Bite

If you're struggling with mana you have the option to take mana reg runes and/or masteries, another option is getting an early tear if you're dominating your lane you'll have it stacked in no time.

I used to usually build RoA, wouldn't that be enough to solve mana issues?
---
#8_HeXPosted 3/22/2013 8:42:56 AM
Emoglobin posted...
_HeX posted...

Neurotoxin

Venomous Bite

I used to usually build RoA, wouldn't that be enough to solve mana issues?

Probably, but RoA isn't an ideal item for Elise. Ryalis is a much better option, and if you want more overall survability sunfire/warmogs is the way to go. Even getting a Doran ring early is better than going for RoA, imo. You have a lot of options to deal with her mana problems, (runes, masteries, tear of the goddes, early doran ring and obviously better management of your mana, don't spam your spells if you can't make something happen like forcing them out of lane or going in for a kill), either way just don't get RoA.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#9DeanyzyPosted 3/22/2013 9:04:18 AM
I don't really like RoA on her very much, it's a bit of a time sink. I just usually grab a Doran's ring along with my Sorc Boots and Haunting Guise and I'll be fine.

I tend to switch between two different builds, a more AP focused build when I'm dominating and a Tankier build when I want to play more cautiously. Here's some items I'd recommend.

----Starting Items----
Cloth Armor + Pots - Good against AD Bruisers, allows you to rush a quick armguard if you want a more AP focused build.
Wards+ Pots - This is what I usually go with if I'm not against a threatening AD champ. It's a very safe start.

----Core----
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
Doran's Ring - if you're having mana issues.

Seeker's Armguard - I'd only consider it core against AD champs, if you're planning on being a tank then you may prefer FH or Sunfire.

----Mid Game----
Warmog's/Rylais - I build Warmogs for when I'm going for a tanky build and Rylais when i'm AP focused, getting both is a little excessive.
Frozen Heart/Zhonya's/Sunfire Cape - They're all good picks. Sell Doran's if you're gonna get FH. I wouldn't recommend Zhonya's for newer Elise players since Sunfire and FH are definitely the safer options but I am fond of Zhonya's and it has allowed me to make some pretty clutch plays that I couldn't have done with the other two..
Abyssal Sceptre - An excellent item on both AP and Tanky Pen Elise.

----Late Game----
Lilandri's - Some people like to rush Lilandri's but I don't, it's pasive is cool but generally you grab HG on Elise for the health and Penetration, neither of which increase with Lilandri's.
The last item can be anything you like, most of my games end before I get the chance to upgrade HG.

----My AP Build in an average game----
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
Rylais
Zhonya's
Abyssal
I usually opt for a Void Staff.

----Tank Build----
Sorc Boots
Haunting Guise
Warmogs
Frozen Heart/Sunfire - Frozen Heart is my preferred item out of the two but Sunfire's active is nice with penetration and works well in tandem with Elise's spiderlings.
Abyssal
Guardian's Angel

I'm not saying I'm overly great or anything but it works for me 9 times out of ten.