If a games goes to long, is it good to transform the support into another warrio

#1yourDaddiePosted 3/22/2013 7:03:46 AM
Something I have been doing for months, is that if the game drags on for too long, depending on the support, I end up seliung the support items and gtransforming him into another ap mage or bruiser in the case of taric....is this strategy good? keep in mind this is only for very long games when the rest finishes their buikds and the support has a lot of money sitting on the bank
---
I am your father
#2zachisasianPosted 3/22/2013 7:07:48 AM
i usually just try to get tankier.
---
IGN: okplz
#3Ultraknight64Posted 3/22/2013 7:11:22 AM
Read that as another Wario.
---
Not happy with committing just murder, he had to go and dirty the courthouse, too!? GUILTY - Judge
<Official topic-ender of GameFAQs>
#4OmfgitsBlahPosted 3/22/2013 7:21:41 AM
Ultraknight64 posted...

---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#5CosmosYearsPosted 3/22/2013 7:23:41 AM
It's always good to digivolve when you can.
---
I didn't rage quit, I left because Aladair was being a Jew. ~Aphoristic 2013
LOL IGN: Aladair
#6why notPosted 3/22/2013 7:26:57 AM
If you are buying pink wards and oracles with extra gold and completing support items you should never have money sitting in the bank as a support. Even in the few games I have played that run 60ish minutes I never have a huge surplus of gold that would warrant something like this.

Also, full support items aren't much cheaper than full ap items so I don't really see how this could happen considering how much less gold you get with little to no farm.
#7centurion911Posted 3/22/2013 7:28:19 AM
I think it depends.

Certain items like Bulwark, Locket, Shurelias, etc are very much needed by a team, they help them out more than another bruiser/mage does.

There's no problem for taking out some lesser needed items and converting them into costlier, tankier items. You shouldn't be building damage because, by that time, AD carrys will be ruling teamfights, you just need to make yourself tankier so you can soak damage and peel for as long as you can.
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#8why notPosted 3/22/2013 7:32:45 AM
Yeah there is really always something better than building offensively as support. You should be prioritizing items based on how useful they are for your team and how much gold they cost for the stats they provide. After you buy the high priority ones then buy the lower priority ones that aren't as cost effective but still more useful than you getting a small amount of burst. Like the last guy said, your adc (and ap to a lesser extent) are going to be doing so much damage with a full build that your extra damage at the tradeoff of your utility is a bad tradeoff.
#9viajarvPosted 3/22/2013 9:00:51 AM
CosmosYears posted...
It's always good to digivolve when you can.

Nah, then you get that skeleton tyranosaurus rex that looks like Jurassic Chogath.
#10EmoglobinPosted 3/22/2013 9:02:17 AM
OmfgitsBlah posted...
Ultraknight64 posted...

---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"