How to play a good Vayne?

#1megaxleoxPosted 3/22/2013 8:30:03 AM
I just bought Vayne and liking her so far.

Any tips from the pros here?
---
PSN ID: xLeox91 - Skullgirls: Filia - Valentine. Possibly Squiggly.
#2a5ny5Posted 3/22/2013 8:31:47 AM
have a team that will peel for you.

meaning you'll never be a good vayne in solo queue
#3TAMIUS_REBORNPosted 3/22/2013 8:40:11 AM(edited)
If you're in solo queue sit in the back rolling a bunch. When your team fails to stop the enemy and they get to you, condemn and keep rolling. When your team fails and they get to you again hit R and roll a bunch so the short invis screws them up and you live longer.

Also, accept the fact that pretty much everyone can easily kill you in lane before you have your ult and an item or two.
---
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar
#4mystic belmontPosted 3/26/2013 5:20:09 PM
You want to start with a Droan's blade. Don't go back till you can buy boots and another dorans blade. This will give you the sustain that Vayne definitely need.

Than, I usually go with an Infintiy Edge, followed by Blade of the Ruined King, Zeal, upgrade the zeal to the blade that shocks, get another zeal, up it to phantom. After that it's up to you. You want attack damage before attack speed, although attack speed is always nice, since it will proc your true damage passive.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#5centurion911Posted 3/26/2013 5:21:10 PM
mystic belmont posted...
You want to start with a Droan's blade. Don't go back till you can buy boots and another dorans blade. This will give you the sustain that Vayne definitely need.

Than, I usually go with an Infintiy Edge, followed by Blade of the Ruined King, Zeal, upgrade the zeal to the blade that shocks, get another zeal, up it to phantom. After that it's up to you. You want attack damage before attack speed, although attack speed is always nice, since it will proc your true damage passive.

Now all you need to do is not listen to this guy and you'll be just fine
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#6mystic belmontPosted 3/26/2013 5:27:53 PM
Okay, so what do you start out with? Doran's blades will help with your sustain.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#7centurion911Posted 3/26/2013 5:36:56 PM(edited)
mystic belmont posted...
Okay, so what do you start out with? Doran's blades will help with your sustain.

Dorans blades gives you offensive stats with minimal sustain compared to a longsword+2 start. You start Dorans when you have a sustain support because the minimal sustain it gives you is all you need.

EDIT: Basically, if you start Dorans and get poked at all (you're Vayne, you're gonna get poked hard) and your support doesn't have a heal, you're SOL
---
#8mystic belmontPosted 3/26/2013 5:36:21 PM
I'll try with longsword+2 than. I used to go with longsword, but found the sustain much better with a doran's blade.
---
[Evil Republican]
#9BhelliumPosted 3/26/2013 5:37:07 PM
or you take it because the 80 hp is a lot to vayne
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#10centurion911Posted 3/26/2013 5:38:53 PM
mystic belmont posted...
I'll try with longsword+2 than. I used to go with longsword, but found the sustain much better with a doran's blade.

It only works well with sustain if you're AA-ing a lot. If you're AA-ing a lot then

1. You're pushing the lane

2. Your opponent is able to get free shots on you since you're constantly attacking the creeps.

If an opponent is smart, he will engage in short trades, whittle you down, and force you out of lane.

Unless, of course, you have a support with a heal. Then your sustain with a Dorans is fine
---