What information would you like in a sticky topic for this board?

#11Zeeak4444Posted 3/22/2013 11:04:16 PM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
I thought a sticky addresses the most frequently asked questions on the board? That is why it is a little random, but it is organized by sections. A guide in the FAQs section should be able to address a beginner, intermediate, or expert.

I really appreciate your suggestion. Should I possible break it up and get multiple sticky topics? Such as posting all the ranked information in a separate thread than the tips & techniques?

I had a sticky too a while back with a lot of information but I literally got 4 pages of people that said they don't want a sticky on the LoL board.

They just really don't want one I think not sure why though.
---
Typical gameFAQers are "Complainers that always complain about those who complain about real legitimate complaints."-Joker_X
#12g-cube_mastaPosted 3/22/2013 11:29:35 PM
I'm not a fan of stickys. Makes the board ugly imo.

I think you'd be better off turning that into a general gameplay guide and FAQ and put it in the guide and FAQ section.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#13ssupermario92Posted 3/22/2013 11:50:29 PM
g-cube_masta posted...

I think you'd be better off turning that into a general gameplay guide and FAQ and put it in the guide and FAQ section.

our president has spoken
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 47 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: Athiniel
#14dennis941012Posted 3/23/2013 12:01:34 AM
g-cube_masta posted...

our president has spoken

I haven't said a thing
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#15SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:01:11 AM
g-cube_masta posted...

Stickys make it so the same topics don't flood the board. It takes up 1 slot on the front page and cleared up the multiple topics that repeat themselves. Probably helping in the quality of topics that run through here.
#16JaggiJumperPosted 3/23/2013 2:11:02 AM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
g-cube_masta posted...

Stickys make it so the same topics don't flood the board. It takes up 1 slot on the front page and cleared up the multiple topics that repeat themselves. Probably helping in the quality of topics that run through here.

When I go to a board to make a topic, I make the topic, I don't read the 500 post FAQ to find the info I want.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. http://i.imgur.com/a4FS1pt.gif
#17Raging FirePosted 3/23/2013 2:17:07 AM
In addition to focusing on a more specific audience and better organization, both of which were already brought up, there's a couple things that come to mind.
1) You could mention the in-game gamefaqs chatroom. There hasn't been too much mention of it elsewhere on the boards, and it'd help with people looking for others to queue with, discussion partners, or whatnot.
2) Describe the current meta and reasoning behind it. "Why is it generally duo-bot and solo-top?" There's no reason to include lane swapping and jungling sections if your audience doesn't even know why a jungler exists.
3) You acknowledged in the other topic that various aspects (champ builds, warding, etc.) can be easily found in guides. However, there's no mention of where to find said guides or even players' streams. Mention solomid, lolpro, or even just the gamefaqs guides section if you don't want to mention another site. Point out ways to tell good guides from bad ones (e.g. date of last update).
4) While SR does have the largest population by far, it isn't the only game mode that exists. If you're not familiar enough with the other game modes to write an FAQ about them, that's fine, but you should at least mention the names and metagames of the three other modes if you're doing so for SR. Get input from other board members if you have to. It looks horribly biased when you have an entire section on lane swaps, but dom, TT, and ARAM don't get even a passing reference.

As a side note, (3) is partially why people objected to you plugging your own stream. It would probably be more acceptable if you provided alternative streams, so it doesn't feel quite as much like a personal advertisement.
#18Rising ChaosPosted 3/23/2013 2:23:25 AM
Raging Fire posted...
2) Describe the current meta and reasoning behind it. "Why is it generally duo-bot and solo-top?" There's no reason to include lane swapping and jungling sections if your audience doesn't even know why a jungler exists.

If there's no jungler, there won't be a solo top.

Anyway, what g-cube said.
---
"Pokey and the man."
#19kirbymuncherPosted 3/23/2013 6:42:05 AM
JaggiJumper posted...
When I go to a board to make a topic, I make the topic, I don't read the 500 post FAQ to find the info I want.

and this kind of person is why I don't think a sticky would be that helpful

Unless we can all agree to just post "read the sticky" and nothing else in all topics that are already covered by it
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#20SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:48:31 PM
JaggiJumper posted...
You don't read a 500 post FAQs. There is a table of contents. You then use the search function to get directly to the section you want.

Also I see many posts about describing the game in such lengths for a new gamer. Most gamers will just dive into it and learn from the tutorial if they are brand new.

The purpose of a sticky is for the most frequently asked questions on the board. So the board is not flooded by the same topics over and over. Like the ones asking about elo clamping, how do I get better, how much LP do I lose after I get demoted etc. Things like the meta and such are always changing and that is covered in game guides.