How many champions should you focus on if you want to get better?

#1Techino10Posted 3/23/2013 5:42:40 AM
Should a player limit him/herself to 2-3 champions?
Right now I guess I focus on Ashe, Yi, Sejuani, and Kayle. Mostly noob characters I guess but they are the easiest. I'm pretty mediocre though still at level 11.
---
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son.
#2New_PantsPosted 3/23/2013 5:49:13 AM
I would say be comfortable with at LEAST 5 champions, one per role. Then expand a bit from there.

To me, it's more important to know the champs in order to effectively play AGAINST them than it is to play them yourself.
---
~SamuraiChicken~
There's a fine line between stupidity and insanity. Will you cross it?
#3oOoGoodOrangePosted 3/23/2013 5:49:39 AM
Try to play every champion at least a few times so you can get an idea of their cooldowns/playstyles, so when you have to play against them in the future you'll have a good expectation of what they can and can't do.

As for practicing your skills (with your current set of champs), i'd try to play more Ashe. Yi is too newbie friendly, you just Q in, R-E and hope you do something.
#4MegeasPosted 3/23/2013 5:50:33 AM
You should be able to play a character in each role/lane comfortably. Once you learn how to do a role it shouldn't be hard to transition to other champs in the same role. The nature of solo queue and the nature of draft means you will likely NOT get the champ you want to play in the role you want.
#5oOoGoodOrangePosted 3/23/2013 5:52:45 AM
Yeah, what the above 2 posters said.

If you're low on IP/RP however, try to practice using Kayle. She's quite versatile in that she can top, mid, support, or jungle.
#6runescaper95Posted 3/23/2013 5:52:56 AM
Ashe is a wonderful champion to play to understand the game. She teaches you about last hitting, positioning, the importance of vision, and hitting skillshots. However, as a poster already stated, playing every champion will give you a feel for how to play against them. I would suggest trying out every free week champion every week and, when you're done with that, play a lot of game with a champion you liked from the free week and Ashe. That should make you a better player in no time.
---
"when the US wants to piss off a middle eastern country we do it with real wars not virtual ones." - Noob_of_Destiny
Gamertag: jkid1015
#7Techino10(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 5:57:29 AM
Thanks guys! I almost go back and forth with atrocious games or amazing games. I want to get more consistent despite my team winning or losing as far as takedowns go.
---
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son.
#8natchu96Posted 3/23/2013 6:09:33 AM
oOoGoodOrange posted...
Try to play every champion at least a few times so you can get an idea of their cooldowns/playstyles, so when you have to play against them in the future you'll have a good expectation of what they can and can't do.

As for practicing your skills (with your current set of champs), i'd try to play more Ashe. Yi is too newbie friendly, you just Q in, R-E and hope you do something.

You forgot about Yi just tower diving with that strategy, secure the kill with next to no health, and then just standing on the spot tanking the tower damage with nothing but your W.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#9Mystic__HatePosted 3/23/2013 6:32:49 AM(edited)
Techino10 posted...
Thanks guys! I almost go back and forth with atrocious games or amazing games. I want to get more consistent despite my team winning or losing as far as takedowns go.

Until level 30 your main focus should be on CS'ing and not dying.

A good average goal is 70 cs every 10 minutes, any less and you need improvement.

Get good at these 2 things and watch your consistency in games skyrocket.
---
necroix05 posted... As balanced as my breakfast.
but I only had the cereal