why doesn't this game have a pause function?

#31Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:37:44 PM
so there isn't a pause function because the playerbase is too immature to handle it? gotcha.
#32Nintendo guyPosted 3/23/2013 6:08:19 PM(edited)
KosukeKGA posted...
The Riot fanboyism in this thread is so appalling. Even my pet cat can see that a pause function in game for all modes would be worthwhile. PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY BE ALLOWED TO RE-CONNECT TO GAMES. IT WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF SOMEONE BEING D/C'D FOR THE FIRST FEW MINUTES.

But of course, Riot fanboys will say anything to defend their shoddy game.

This so much. There is no good reason for there not to be a pause function in a game where matches routinely last 30+ minutes and the presence of all team members is essential. The "abusing it to troll" argument is invalid because it doesn't actually happen, and there are measures in place to prevent it anyways.

Blind fanboys will be blind fanboys.
#33slayer1807Posted 3/23/2013 7:58:35 PM
Evil_Evil_Evil_ posted...
so there isn't a pause function because the playerbase is too immature to handle it? gotcha.

spot on
---
'she gets out to check and man door hand hook car door'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2wViKSh_M
#34Evil_Evil_Evil_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 11:36:17 AM
Nintendo guy posted...
Blind fanboys will be blind fanboys.

i love how they always use the "trolls will ruin games!" argument because it just makes them look worse (they are either the trolls or they are in garbage tier).
#35thedarklordx3Posted 3/25/2013 11:57:25 PM
if there was a pause function, then the ultra hardcore dota 2 nerds and fanboys(I.E every dota 2 fan on gamefaqs) would QQ about riot stealing from the better game to polish their turd
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#36SolKarellenPosted 3/26/2013 12:07:13 AM
thedarklordx3 posted...
if there was a pause function, then the ultra hardcore dota 2 nerds and fanboys(I.E every dota 2 fan on gamefaqs) would QQ about riot stealing from the better game to polish their turd

They took everything else from DotA, they might as well take the pause feature from Dota 2.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#37PrizmSlashPosted 3/26/2013 12:09:01 AM
thedarklordx3 posted...

There was a pause function in HoN. There was a pause function in WC3 for gods sake. Who did they steal it from?
---
-_-
#38shrimp1992Posted 3/26/2013 12:17:45 AM
PrizmSlash posted...
ryana posted...
And then every game the losing team always makes sure to use all their pauses to troll you

So what? Seriously you can't handle a couple of minutes of a break? I am sick of people thinking that every game is full of trolls out to get you.

becasue its annoying af and we dont need a pause function anymore than we need maps.
---
Falcons record 11-1
#39xHFxPosted 3/26/2013 12:29:29 AM(edited)
Yeah, nobody here really plays DotA. Seriously

"lol we don't need voice chat"
"lol we don't need pause"
"lol spectator mode who cares"

So let me get this straight

The ranking system, copied right off of StarCraft 2. The ping system, copied kinda off of DotA 2's notifications and L4D2's wheel.

What else? Trundle's classic skin looking exactly like a troll's design from WoW? Same hairstyle and color possible.

becasue its annoying af and we dont need a pause function anymore than we need maps.

lol "we need new maps"

Wow, you really need new maps? This game is based off the classic 5v5 map. Who the **** really cares about new maps. I hardly even touch Dominion or Twisted Treeline, and rarely even Proving Grounds. Seriously, "new maps" rofl
#40SolKarellenPosted 3/26/2013 12:47:39 AM(edited)
xHFx posted...
Yeah, nobody here really plays DotA. Seriously

"lol we don't need voice chat"
"lol we don't need pause"
"lol spectator mode who cares"

So let me get this straight

The ranking system, copied right off of StarCraft 2. The ping system, copied kinda off of DotA 2's notifications and L4D2's wheel.

What else? Trundle's classic skin looking exactly like a troll's design from WoW? Same hairstyle and color possible.

lol "we need new maps"

Wow, you really need new maps? This game is based off the classic 5v5 map. Who the **** really cares about new maps. I hardly even touch Dominion or Twisted Treeline, and rarely even Proving Grounds. Seriously, "new maps" rofl

New maps just serve to distract League players with low attention spans, such as those who literally only play the game to buy the new monthly, generic champ, and mess around with ARAMs.

Seriously. Dota only released two new heroes last year, and it is a massive case of quality over quantity. Meanwhile, in League, there are people chomping at the bit due to the gap between Zac and Quinn being longer than average; they don't think an average of twelve champs a year is enough. Also, I'm saddened by the fact that some people honestly don't see the "point" of playing League if all characters were unlocked, like in Dota.

Some people just enjoy the perpetual hamster wheel, I suppose.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."