How do new players stick with this game at this point?

#11Solid_Acid12Posted 3/23/2013 10:37:04 PM
Best thing to do against ragers/trolls is to not respond to them at all.
---
I'm the bad guy? When did this happen?
#12KlobziPosted 3/24/2013 1:14:55 AM
I'm a fairly new player (3 months in) and I didn't really see that many ragers at the low levels. Mostly smurfs or premades that artificially lower their MMR to play with newbies.

I think the secret on how not to rage is keep that "Show /all chat" button OFF. Games have been far more enjoyable with that turned off. No more "pls reprt" or enemies saying bad things. It takes away half of the problem with this game. Second of all, I can spot whenever my team is going to completely balls in champ select so either dodge or go into the game with the mindset that it's a game just for fun.
#13random_noobiePosted 3/24/2013 1:19:13 AM
if you're new, you'll play with a bunch of smurfs at first, then, slowly, if you lose too much, you'll be put against other new players rather than smurfs.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#14BeerBongJohnPosted 3/24/2013 1:42:37 AM
when they call you noob, just agree with them and ask for any pointers. if they can't tell you what you're doing wrong and offer constructive criticism mute em'.
---
0% Class
100% A**
#15mrpibbles1987Posted 3/24/2013 5:06:44 AM
I just started playing this game a couple of months ago. All my friends that got me into it were 30's already and pretty good. So after them teaching me I kinda picked it up and learned fairly quickly, being able to at least hang in the games we played. Soon enough around level 13 or so people started accusing me of being a smurf account to lower the average level in the game. I would just laugh and say that's a complement, thanks.

More on topic though, I only play this game to play with my friends. It's fun and all but if they stopped playing and I couldn't find a group to play with...I'd more than likely abandon the game pretty quick. Like people have said, the community is pretty harsh on newcomers. And prolly dissuades those lacking thick skin to leave the game.

tldr= this community is pretty harsh on new people and not all low levels are smurf accounts.
---
"I will slap your face off of your face!"- Charlie Kelly
#16LChaos2Posted 3/24/2013 5:14:28 AM
Once you treat every community as if it's filled to the brim with elitist people (not true of course), you get immune to it quickly.
---
YGOPro - DevPro server: http://devpro.org/
http://www.youtube.com/LChaos2
#17Kar31189Posted 3/24/2013 6:17:28 AM
bstbll posted...
I grew up playing DotA. This game's community is like a parade of ****ing saints compared to them, so that's what worked for me.

haha ya ive been there, i actually went back to try to play dota and holy **** all day "noob" "go back to leagues you moron" then they just yell that leagues is dumbed down dota for stupid people when really all it did was streamline EVERYTHING about dota
#18infinitexxPosted 3/24/2013 6:24:59 AM(edited)
They expect it, they learn, or they quit.

edit:
And yeah, DotA was pretty nasty. To be honest, last time I played a MOBA that didn't have a sizable sect of raging elitists in the community was when we were just playing custom gametypes in Warcraft 3/Starcraft. Things were simpler then, before they grew into the monster that was DotA.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1