Sooo what reason do junglers have for not going 4/x/21 nowadays?

#1BoogyyPosted 3/24/2013 7:10:25 AM
With most junglers looking to cap CDR, what reason do they have to go x/21/x over 10% cdr and other small quality perks?
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#2ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/24/2013 7:11:42 AM
depends on the jungler.

sometimes they go 21/9 you know >.>
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#3NicoGrimmPosted 3/24/2013 7:13:49 AM(edited)
Oh gosh, I don't udnerstand these numbers at all. I thought they were Win/Loss/Assist numbers, but that doesn't seem right. :(

edit: ohhhh! masteries! Right.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#4Takerfan182Posted 3/24/2013 7:17:29 AM
Not having any points in the defense tree isn't ideal for most junglers as you take too much damage from camps and during ganks. CDR doesnt mean much if you get killed.
---
Steam and XBL: Omniscient182
PSN ID: The_Omniscient
#5NicoGrimmPosted 3/24/2013 7:19:41 AM
I prefer 21/9. At least on Vi.
I feel she synergizes far too well with the offense Tree to not go into it.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#6CosmosYearsPosted 3/24/2013 7:23:37 AM
Defense is the most universally useful and safe tree.

I can't think of someone I'd want to go 21 utility on, the skills are nice but you're giving up a lot of defense that helps in your first couple of clears plus some tankiness against an invade/counter gank.
---
I didn't rage quit, I left because Aladair was being a Jew. ~Aphoristic 2013
LOL IGN: Aladair
#7KeiHazuki99Posted 3/24/2013 7:25:34 AM
I usually play tanky jungler like Nasus or Olaf.
So my mastery is 0/18/12. Or 1/17/12 if I take ghost.
#8NicoGrimmPosted 3/24/2013 7:26:02 AM
True, but is it really worth going past 9 points in defense for most junglers? I dunno, im just under the mindset that if you clear faster (offense tree), you won't take as much damage, right?
---
#9CosmosYearsPosted 3/24/2013 7:35:07 AM
Completely depends who it is, Vi is one of the few I can think of where it's okay to go 21 offensive, Lee Sin wants to do it but he will have no pots after his first clear so it's rough on him.
---
I didn't rage quit, I left because Aladair was being a Jew. ~Aphoristic 2013
LOL IGN: Aladair
#10KeiHazuki99Posted 3/24/2013 7:41:07 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
True, but is it really worth going past 9 points in defense for most junglers? I dunno, im just under the mindset that if you clear faster (offense tree), you won't take as much damage, right?

In my opinion, some mastery skills are too good to pass on tanky jungler.
Relentless will reduce 15% of slow effectiveness. So ganking enemy that only have slow as escape (Lulu, MF, Ashe, etc.) will be easier.
Safeguard will reduce turret damage by 5%. Allowing me to turret dive, tanking the damage while my laner kill the enemy.
And Juggernaut (4% extra health), Olaf and Nasus love the extra health.