The LP clamping thing really ruins the experience.

#31NeoAndurilPosted 3/24/2013 4:20:17 PM
And the elitism on this board is literally disgusting.

Wanna know what's more funny than disgusting? They're below you in ELO.
#32NeoAndurilPosted 3/24/2013 4:21:52 PM
arent you the guy who thinks assassins aren't viable in the current meta?

Yeah, you probably don't belong in gold..

Don't worry about tryhard here tc, he can't even keep an account at max level before he gets banned.
#33ikilledkenny2Posted 3/24/2013 4:23:07 PM
ssupermario92 posted...
every single one of you are morons the peeps who are riding riot i mean

how is it "riding riot", since you can't move down leagues no matter how much you lose, its perfectly fine to make it harder to get promoted. LP clamping does this by making you gain less points if your mmr isn't high enough compared to others in the league. Which part of the system doesn't work?
#34NeoAndurilPosted 3/24/2013 4:26:13 PM
how is it "riding riot", since you can't move down leagues no matter how much you lose, its perfectly fine to make it harder to get promoted. LP clamping does this by making you gain less points if your mmr isn't high enough compared to others in the league. Which part of the system doesn't work?

whether something works is irrelevant to if it ruins the experience or not.
#35ssj4supervegetaPosted 3/24/2013 4:42:52 PM
Camel-Rider posted...
It's not broken, you've played 241 games and you're only + 17 in wins over losses, it's no wonder you're getting clamped.

So in this game, winning more than losing isnt enough to advance.

Yes...lol

you going on a random win streak that may or may not be of your own carrying doesnt mean you're a better player yet.

however if you can consistantly win, eventually it'll "unclamp" and you'll start getting much more then +1. Its so your REAL ranking goes up. the real ranking you have is hidden. and its a basis is the past performance you've had.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#36Camel-Rider(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:59:56 PM
Ok lost a game. Only lost 5 LP
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#37CovenantPosted 3/24/2013 6:23:43 PM
VikillaV posted...
this is a stupid post you realize league's system keeps players at around 50% win rate regardless of elo

This is a three-year old misunderstanding of Riot's initial explanation of the Elo system. They said that the system is designed to get you to a place where you win 50% of the time.

Some moron claimed that it meant that the system tries to keep everyone at 50% all of the time. It was officially denied and the misunderstanding was explained within eight hours of it being posted.

Nearly three years later, ignorant people are still going on about it.

On topic: league system is dumb. MMR still determines where you're allowed to advance to and who you get matched with, so leagues are absolutely pointless.
#38Camel-Rider(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:14:08 PM
On topic: league system is dumb. MMR still determines where you're allowed to advance to and who you get matched with, so leagues are absolutely pointless.

Thats the whole point of this topic.

Its not my fault that I advanced "too quickly"
---
LoL IGN: The Camel Rider
#39OmfgitsBlahPosted 3/24/2013 8:32:07 PM
Camel_Rider:

Those who earn (Rank) V deserve it more than those placed into (Rank) V.

Trust me. If you can get into gold, you can earn your way to Gold IV or III at least.

Source: Currently dominating Plat after taking a while to get to it
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#40VoronePosted 3/24/2013 8:34:34 PM
I was at a point where I was gaining 1 per match, then I lost 1 game and lost 18 but after that I started gaining more again. I have already climbed 3 ranks and I haven't played that much at all.
---
\\ .// //\\ |[]| //\\ ||\\ || |[ http://i.imgur.com/ykpFikF.gif
.\\//. \\// ||\\ \\// || \\|| |[ http://gifsoup.com/MTE2OTE2Mw