Is it just me or does Yi counter Akali?

#1hello_indigoPosted 3/24/2013 6:41:05 PM
I mained both at one point and now everytime the enemy team picks Akali, I take Yi and whoop her in lane. As long as she doesn't gank and get fed, she's useless late game.

Yi just Q and Heal all day. lol the harass.
#2JiminyTheDingoPosted 3/24/2013 6:43:39 PM
Bait the heal, wait for it to end, turn on him, dead Yi. Also, Akali's not Akali if she's not ganking.
---
The fruit...it's...it's taunting me! O_o
#3OgreBattle019Posted 3/24/2013 6:45:14 PM
JiminyTheDingo posted...
Bait the heal, wait for it to end, turn on him, dead Yi

so what youre saying is akali's combo can just burst literally anybody from 100-0 at any moment even if they have escape spells or an ult that makes them Traverse Fastly

hahA wow why doesnt everybody just pick akali 5 times and put her in every lane
---
| . _-~^*''' o . ''*^-'|_--~^*'' .o ''*^-'|
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
#4earthmaster3Posted 3/24/2013 6:47:06 PM
OgreBattle019 posted...
JiminyTheDingo posted...
Bait the heal, wait for it to end, turn on him, dead Yi

so what youre saying is akali's combo can just burst literally anybody from 100-0 at any moment even if they have escape spells or an ult that makes them Traverse Fastly

hahA wow why doesnt everybody just pick akali 5 times and put her in every lane

Because then there would be nobody for Akali to gank, as the entire enemy team would constantly be dead
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#5Shadow EdgePosted 3/24/2013 6:47:16 PM
Akali can shroud the Alpha Strike, then walk to her tower so Yi appears next to her.
---
ns
#6OgreBattle019Posted 3/24/2013 6:52:55 PM
Shadow Edge posted...
Akali can shroud the Alpha Strike, then walk to her tower so Yi appears next to her.

not how it works
---
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
#7Shadow EdgePosted 3/24/2013 7:01:18 PM
Shadow Edge posted...

not how it works

Unless they fixed it, if you Alpha Strike someone who then enters stealth, Yi disappears from the game. He gets dragged by the target until the stealth breaks.
---
ns
#8GTOrider88Posted 3/24/2013 7:16:29 PM
Short and simple, no. There are obvious reasons. AP Yi is no no for Akali. AD stands a chance but still a no no since Akali has her W. Oracles and pinks help ALOT and help even the odds if you're AD but AP is garbage against Akali. AP Yi is garbage in general because the damage output isn't anywhere near that of AD Yi.
#9Edgemaster70000Posted 3/24/2013 7:19:03 PM
GTOrider88 posted...
Short and simple, no. There are obvious reasons. AP Yi is no no for Akali. AD stands a chance but still a no no since Akali has her W. Oracles and pinks help ALOT and help even the odds if you're AD but AP is garbage against Akali. AP Yi is garbage in general because the damage output isn't anywhere near that of AD Yi.

I would say the damage is similar.

AD Yi = All-in Brawler/Comboer

AP Yi = Serious harasss until he can go all in to kill you.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#10OgreBattle019Posted 3/24/2013 7:21:06 PM
Shadow Edge posted...
Shadow Edge posted...

not how it works

Unless they fixed it, if you Alpha Strike someone who then enters stealth, Yi disappears from the game. He gets dragged by the target until the stealth breaks.

that doesnt happen anyomre
---
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio