Champion roles that get lots of kills

#1BrockObanaPosted 3/24/2013 8:42:27 PM
What are the roles that are expected to get lots of kills?
I hear carry, AP, AD, etc a lot but I'm really new and I was wondering about this.
---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#2natchu96Posted 3/24/2013 8:48:20 PM
I thought AD carries are supposed to do nothing but farm unless they need to retaliate against something.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#3dotsdfePosted 3/24/2013 8:49:17 PM
ADC and mid traditionally pick up the most kills.

Top would be around the middle in picking up kills. In general, top lane is going to be more focused on farming and a lot of top laners are going to be focused on building tanky, moreso than building damage.

Junglers are completely situational. Several junglers are functionally "second supports", and don't want to pick up kills, but rather focus on securing them for the other roles to get them fed and win the game. There are supports that can carry from the jungle, of course, but several of them don't really want to get a lot of kills.

Supports should, ideally, only pick up kills if no one else is there to clean it up. It doesn't always happen this way, but in an ideal world, a support's kill total will be the lowest on the team.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#4BrockObana(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:49:30 PM
natchu96 posted...
I thought AD carries are supposed to do nothing but farm unless they need to retaliate against something.

Oh no.
I meant I have no idea if they do or not lol.
So carries...these are supposed to "carry" teams?
If so, is it the AP carry that should get tons of kills?
---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#5BrockObana(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:51:15 PM
dotsdfe posted...

Top would be around the middle in picking up kills. In general, top lane is going to be more focused on farming and a lot of top laners are going to be focused on building tanky, moreso than building damage.

Junglers are completely situational. Several junglers are functionally "second supports", and don't want to pick up kills, but rather focus on securing them for the other roles to get them fed and win the game. There are supports that can carry from the jungle, of course, but several of them don't really want to get a lot of kills.

Supports should, ideally, only pick up kills if no one else is there to clean it up. It doesn't always happen this way, but in an ideal world, a support's kill total will be the lowest on the team.

Who are the best/top ADCs and MID?
I'd like to be the one that goes in and get the most kills.
It's just...iono something I'd like to do lol.
---
#6ryanaPosted 3/24/2013 8:57:21 PM
BrockObana posted...
natchu96 posted...

Oh no.
I meant I have no idea if they do or not lol.
So carries...these are supposed to "carry" teams?
If so, is it the AP carry that should get tons of kills?

Both the ADC and the AP mid should be the ones getting the most kills.

The idea behind calling them "carries" is that they are supposed to be carrying the team, which I find ironic because more often than not they are being carried for most of the game.
Especially the ADC who is expected for farm for the majority of the early game and wait for others to bring killing opportunities.
#7dotsdfePosted 3/24/2013 8:57:23 PM
I wouldn't say there's a clearly-defined 'best' at any of the roles, simply because they do things differently. For example, with ADCs, you have the ones who are arguably the strongest laners but fall off, like Caitlyn. Then you have those who aren't good at laning but are insane late game, like Tristana or Vayne.

If I absolutely had to give my picks for the strongest right now, I'd say Akali or Lux for mid, and Miss Fortune for ADC. It's really subject to personal interpretation, though, and things are constantly shifting, so it's hard to define a clear best.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#8Wedge AntillesPosted 3/24/2013 8:57:23 PM
Vayne, Caitlyn, Draven, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, and Graves are some ADCs that will rack up the kills.
---
The Diligent One
#9ryanaPosted 3/24/2013 8:59:24 PM
Wedge Antilles posted...
Vayne, Caitlyn, Draven, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, and Graves are some ADCs that will rack up the kills.

Holy lack of Twitch, Batman
#10homiesunitePosted 3/24/2013 8:59:45 PM
BrockObana posted...
dotsdfe posted...

Who are the best/top ADCs and MID?
I'd like to be the one that goes in and get the most kills.
It's just...iono something I'd like to do lol.

ADC- Vayne, Caitlyn, Twitch, Draven, Graves

Mid- Akali, Swain, Karthus, Annie, Lux, Diana

These are just off the top of my head though
---
Kee'lah se'lai
http://northdakotageek.tumblr.com/