Too aggressive or too passive which is worse?

#1MTRDrunkardPosted 3/25/2013 5:37:46 AM
Played a game where Mundo soloing top at the early game stage had 5 kills but also 5 deaths. The team though he was being too aggressive. But at the end of the game he was our most powerful champion.

I was bot with Nidalee, who was I think playing her as a support, but she was being far to passive, eg not harassing, attacking champions or minions. 15 mins gone only had 10 minions slane, end of the game only 22 minions. Most of the game she was just sat at the turrets.

I believe her tactics where the reason why we lost the game.

Main reasons are:

No minions no gold. Mid to late game she was under-powered and kept getting tower dived.

Not knowing what she was doing. When the enemy team attacked, Nidalee did nothing, just waited at the turrett to push back. So we got out numbered.

Not listening to team or assisting team.

One of my hates about playing against Nidalee is the constant spamming of 'Javelin Toss', the range and damage is a pain. But again I carnt remember Nidalee even using it once.
#2Susan0Posted 3/25/2013 5:42:53 AM
Too aggressive leaves you open to ganks
Too passive makes you lose cs
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3Rookie_JetPosted 3/25/2013 5:45:40 AM
Short answer: Depends on the champ

Not sure why you're upset/frustrated about a support Nidalee only have 10-22 creep kills though. That's a pretty common number for supports (at least in my games).

I would say Nid should be more aggressive than passive, but should still strike a pretty fine balance. And by aggressive, I don't mean diving on the enemy or anything like that. As a support Nid, she probably should not be in cougar form too often unless you're going all-in and her human skills are on CD and she has pretty high HP. The only other reasons are to chase down a low HP fleeing enemy that the ADC will not be able to catch or if she's running away.

Other champs like Soraka can play very passively and still get the most out of her skills.

In general, I would say TOO aggressive is worse than TOO passive because it leads to feeding more often than not and leaving your team 4v5 on the field.
#4infinitexxPosted 3/25/2013 5:50:57 AM
Rookie_Jet posted...
Not sure why you're upset/frustrated about a support Nidalee only have 10-22 creep kills though. That's a pretty common number for supports (at least in my games).

Yeah, unless the support cannot freeze the lane (is alone and getting pressured too heavily) and needs to kill some creeps before the turret does, or unless they're a support who can help push lanes very late game, they should have extremely low CS.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#5MTRDrunkard(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 6:01:41 AM
I played support and protecting a turrett alone can get you minion kills. She was just doing nothing.

After the game if the only time she really spoke and said she was staying safe.

At one point early game we got Tristana alone I was attacking, not once did she attack. In the end she got double kill.

I think she was just trollin, but she kept saying we were to aggressive.
#6PyrizzlaPosted 3/25/2013 6:30:08 AM(edited)
I tend to play aggressive with passive laners.

For example if Im vayne vs cait (like 95% of the time). I always check my minions health and when they go to last hit i always Q-AA them constantly.

I feel when you are in a lane where u have to play safe because you are countered but you actually play aggressive it makes them feel less comfortable in lane
Because again Most people pick counters just to counter and cant actually play them. So if you are weak during your weakest phase in the game you should win the lane.

Again sometimes this tactic is not good but I feel that aggression in lane is the way forward atm!
If you are too passive your most likely to get dived on or caught off guard!
---
Lol: Pyrizzla Main: Riven, Renekton, Diana, MF, Olaf, Vayne, Leona - Slowly battling ELO HELL
Official Alucard of the Gamefaqs Board
#7happyscrub1Posted 3/25/2013 6:29:52 AM
Depends on the champ about going 5/5. Mondo scales good for late game and items...so good for him. Another champion like that would be someone like Vayne or Karthus.

But if you are Cait, Jayce, Kass, Shaco doing that... it's bad.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#8gfshynoblPosted 3/25/2013 6:40:39 AM
tc isnt lvl 30
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:best ashe africa
#9ken_wthPosted 3/25/2013 7:28:21 AM
MTRDrunkard posted...
I played support and protecting a turrett alone can get you minion kills. She was just doing nothing.

After the game if the only time she really spoke and said she was staying safe.

At one point early game we got Tristana alone I was attacking, not once did she attack. In the end she got double kill.

I think she was just trollin, but she kept saying we were to aggressive.

Are you asking a question or reinforcing your judgement that your top mundo is better than your bottom support? Your example of circumstantial situation actually prove little. Don't expect a support to carry you unless they are first pick or main support especially on solo Q. Nidalee has no cc and fall off quickly without any AP items.