Tips on Kha'Zix?

#11Lord SojiroPosted 3/26/2013 2:51:05 AM
Usually, with a little poking, I can all-in for the kill at level 4. Just leap onto them and throw everything you've got on them, it's usually an instant 50%, potentially more with ignite and an extra auto-attack and Q.
---
Oh no! It's Idiot power!
#12KrKABUT0Posted 3/26/2013 2:56:05 AM
Klobzi posted...
I see. I'm sure these tips will help me improve with Kha'Zix more. I'll try to learn his damage and switch my runes over to red armor pen runes instead of AD reds, see if that helps.

I would recommend sticking with AD runes because if you're playing mid Kha'Zix it's very doubtful that you will encounter a champion with any significant armor. Plus, they help you get those early game kills which matters more than later on imo.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#13Klobzi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 3:04:19 AM
KrKABUT0 posted...
Klobzi posted...
I see. I'm sure these tips will help me improve with Kha'Zix more. I'll try to learn his damage and switch my runes over to red armor pen runes instead of AD reds, see if that helps.

I would recommend sticking with AD runes because if you're playing mid Kha'Zix it's very doubtful that you will encounter a champion with any significant armor. Plus, they help you get those early game kills which matters more than later on imo.

I don't know, haven't had much success with red AD runes. I was straight up outdamaged by a stupid AP Tristana in mid. It was highly embarrassing
#14Alom_o_molaPosted 3/26/2013 3:10:07 AM
OnionOfMystery posted...
Danulus posted...
Hidden missiles!

FOO-FOOTDIVE!

PHOTON ARRAY!!!
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
---
UMvC3 Team ~ Nova[Centurion Rush]/Rocket Raccoon[Spitfire]/Amaterasu[Cold Star] ~ PSN: Xr0s-up
Official Galactus of UMVC3
#15LordMordorPosted 3/26/2013 3:21:50 AM
Laning
step 1...either have access to blue buff or rush a tear
step 2...max W first
step 3....evolve W first
step 4...poke for days
always make sure to retrigger your passive every time you fire W
step 5...once you get your opponent in kill range, jump in and dump on them

Kha is an assassin, he doesnt want drawn out fights unless conditions are ideal for him. (isolated target, bush to retrigger passive)

Teamfighting
your time to shine is level 11 when you pick up your E evolution. poke with W or hang back off to the side....you dont want to be there for the initial exchanges of the fight, wait until cooldowns are blown, and the initial burst is spent.
then jump to the squishies and blow their faces up, E to next target, blow its face up, E to next target....proceed until fight is over or you have to E to escape

special notes:
your evolution order will 90% of the time be W-E-R.....evolved Q is a trap, do not fall for it.
at rank 18 your target has to be missing 1800 health for the bonus damage on evolved Q to equal a single proc of your passive. So basically at deaths door for squishies
it also only does its job when the target is isolated, which wont happen often in later teamfights

evolved R will always do its job, which is provide you with more mobility and giving you another proc of your passive. Also the reduced damage while stealthed is pretty helpful
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!
#16Mixture420Posted 3/26/2013 3:34:55 AM
Klobzi posted...
KrKABUT0 posted...
Klobzi posted...

I don't know, haven't had much success with red AD runes. I was straight up outdamaged by a stupid AP Tristana in mid. It was highly embarrassing

ap trist will do that..

max q but evolve w at 6, should be free kill

ad red>arm pen
---
ff7>ff10>ff6>x-2>9>12>poop>13>8.
current playing: bloodrayne 2, ffix, cs 1.6, LoL, forgetten realms: DS, Halo: CE, Resident evil 3
#17Mixture420Posted 3/26/2013 3:35:35 AM
and smartcast w, huge diff
---
ff7>ff10>ff6>x-2>9>12>poop>13>8.
current playing: bloodrayne 2, ffix, cs 1.6, LoL, forgetten realms: DS, Halo: CE, Resident evil 3
#18Klobzi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 3:39:07 AM(edited)
LordMordor posted...
Laning
step 1...either have access to blue buff or rush a tear
step 2...max W first
step 3....evolve W first
step 4...poke for days
always make sure to retrigger your passive every time you fire W
step 5...once you get your opponent in kill range, jump in and dump on them

Kha is an assassin, he doesnt want drawn out fights unless conditions are ideal for him. (isolated target, bush to retrigger passive)

Teamfighting
your time to shine is level 11 when you pick up your E evolution. poke with W or hang back off to the side....you dont want to be there for the initial exchanges of the fight, wait until cooldowns are blown, and the initial burst is spent.
then jump to the squishies and blow their faces up, E to next target, blow its face up, E to next target....proceed until fight is over or you have to E to escape

special notes:
your evolution order will 90% of the time be W-E-R.....evolved Q is a trap, do not fall for it.
at rank 18 your target has to be missing 1800 health for the bonus damage on evolved Q to equal a single proc of your passive. So basically at deaths door for squishies
it also only does its job when the target is isolated, which wont happen often in later teamfights

evolved R will always do its job, which is provide you with more mobility and giving you another proc of your passive. Also the reduced damage while stealthed is pretty helpful

The combo I use when I go in for the kill is E, W while leaping and then Q, few autoattacks and then W and Q when they come off of cooldown. Seems what all the more experienced players are doing.

I think my big problem is that I don't have a solid starting item build. Usually I go for Crystalline Flask but I heard it isn't so good anymore. Should I start with a red elixir or just continue with CF?

Mixture420 posted...

ap trist will do that..

max q but evolve w at 6, should be free kill

ad red>arm pen

Ah, so it wasn't just me being incredibly bad. That's good. And yes, I smartcast both Q and W. Not smartcasting Q is a pain to cast.
#19Cobra1010Posted 3/26/2013 3:46:06 AM
I win 3 out of 5 matches with khazix. And nearly all the time on blue team.

Pro-tip, get blue buff when ever you can. Ask for help in the early levels. But only ask if there isnt a champ on your team that needs it more, e.g. if u have lux or orianna mid, they need it more.

Then after level 7-9, when you can solo golem, snatch blue when ever its up.

Like others said, Max W>Q>E and ofcourse R when ever possible.
Evolve W>E> RorQ (i prefer R because you can use it to catch prey or escape)

Play passive at first, last hit minons and farm. Every no and then, when you get the opportunity poke them a bit. If u have blue buff, poke them more.

Make you opponents more comfortable whilst you farm. Sometimes, poking them too much isnt a good idea. Instead, farm a bit and let the opponents think you're not going to attack them. They will maybe get close to you. If they do, you can poke, Q and unseen threat. -- If they dont recall, they you should be able to kill them off with next combo after a few pokes. Thats the basics in laning phase.

Cant be bothered typing more for rest of the phases. You should get good after 2-3 matches if you are an experienced lol player. GL.
---
Battlefield 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE&list=FLGtkigcKRaJNDJh4Why2-AA&index=6
#20g-cube_mastaPosted 3/26/2013 4:11:17 AM
The people saying Arpen is worse than AD are wrong.

1. The argument of "you're not running into high armor targets in mid often" is wrong for 2 reasons. 1, smart players will have an armor page for the kha/talon/panth etc., matchups. 2, and this is a more important point -> Armor Pen will ALWAYS give you more damage than AD, so if they have low armor, all the better for you. That means you're even closer to dealing TRUE damage to them with your attacks and abilities.

2. If you're starting Fort Pot (you should be) that's going to give to +15 AD for when you go all in. You're getting another +5 from putting ignite on cooldown near the opening on your combo. You're going to have bonus AD, the armor pen makes that AD more effective.

If you want to do the Kha'Zix cheese you start 1 ward 4 pots and fort elixir.

Push early and get level 2 first. (start Q, get E at level 2)

As soon as they walk away from the creeps enough to have the isolation, E onto them, pop fort pot and ignite them mid flight, q and auto them. If they're level 1 this is usually a surefire kill, if they're level 2 they might have time to flash, you can either flash auto them to death or you can just push when they base and have a huge early level and gold advantage in lane (at the cost of 250 gold and your ignite CD, not a big cost for such an early advantage).

Can backfire if their jungler came mid really early but it is honestly pretty doubtful they come before they have their second buff. Also if they stay near their minions all the time. Or if as you jumped to them they got near the minions.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png