is it ever worth it to get spirit stone and philo?

#1shadyelfPosted 3/26/2013 6:40:41 AM
on junglers like naut, sej and mao
my friend insists on philo but I feel like it's a waste.
---
?
#2Master_strikerPosted 3/26/2013 6:42:18 AM
Never run out of mana

you can upgrade both to great choices, Spirit of the ancient golem and shurelias. 2 great items for people like naut etc
---
yooooooo
#3MelvinrulesPosted 3/26/2013 6:42:38 AM
If you're behind and giving up blues it doesnt hurt on Mao, I've found him to be very mana reliant this season I'd sell the phil stone later on though.
#4PhoenixNinePosted 3/26/2013 6:47:33 AM
Philo delays your core items too much. And Shurelya is not core on most junglers IMO. Even if you wanted Shurelya, you'd go Kindlegem first...
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#5shadyelf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 6:49:44 AM
Philo delays your core items too much.

yeah that's been my experience. Especially as Maokai where I'm on average 40 cs below the other jungler because I'm ganking almost all the time. I saw stonewall get philo and spirit on Sejuani but I prefer to get giant belt asap since she's so squishy.
---
?
#6hawkeye2188Posted 3/26/2013 6:52:38 AM
PhoenixNine posted...
Philo delays your core items too much. And Shurelya is not core on most junglers IMO. Even if you wanted Shurelya, you'd go Kindlegem first...

Agreed
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#7Plague1503Posted 3/26/2013 6:54:01 AM
I sometimes get it on Sej if mid is very blue-hungry and I think the game is going to last a while.
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]
#8Beech_tibsPosted 3/26/2013 6:57:25 AM
here me out on this....

dont build spirit.... keep machete and go straight philo

i dont like any spirit items. Dont know if im the only one but... just think they are a waste.

usually I keep philo until i need the inventory space, usually gets me an extra 700ish gold... not too bad
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#9Masemune_100Posted 3/26/2013 7:03:48 AM
Beech_tibs posted...
here me out on this....

dont build spirit.... keep machete and go straight philo

i dont like any spirit items. Dont know if im the only one but... just think they are a waste.

usually I keep philo until i need the inventory space, usually gets me an extra 700ish gold... not too bad

You're mostly right, but Elder Lizard is good on at least four champs from my experience. It works really well on Vi, Hecarim, Nocturne and for some odd reason Cho.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade