Pick order vs. call order (again)

#1Brt83Posted 3/26/2013 8:24:11 AM
I agree pick order is boss. The thing is, when I'm first pick, and I want mid, I would like to trade with the last picks in order to not get counterpicked/counterpick. This leads to a deeper question.

Should the third or fourth pick respect my "call" as first pick of mid? I've been trolled countless times this way, where i picked support for some good guy greg at fourth pick and hes picking my support, and then 3rd pick takes my mid. Im talking solo queue ranked btw.

For me, the only solution is removing trading from solo queue. That way I dont get beaten just because the enemy team were nicer to each other than my team at champ select.
---
Some people say I have no life. To those people: up up down down left right left right ;BA select start! Ding! 30 lives!!
#2Brt83(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:32:56 AM
shameless bump
---
Some people say I have no life. To those people: up up down down left right left right ;BA select start! Ding! 30 lives!!
#3xX Joshy XxPosted 3/26/2013 8:35:46 AM
Draft pick sounds like a god damned nightmare because of this awful community. I'm level 23, definitely not looking forward to hitting 30 and trying out ranked.
---
In the nightmare desert stood a building. Outside someone was diggin' a hole in the ground.
They were burying my luck.
#4happyscrub1Posted 3/26/2013 8:41:11 AM
xX Joshy Xx posted...
Draft pick sounds like a god damned nightmare because of this awful community. I'm level 23, definitely not looking forward to hitting 30 and trying out ranked.

Draft is 100000000000000 times better than blind pick. Don't make an opinion until you try it.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#5pinkpantherfan5Posted 3/26/2013 8:42:39 AM
xX Joshy Xx posted...

The number of trolls and idiots drastically decreases the higher you go
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#6XelltrixPosted 3/26/2013 8:44:00 AM
In blinds, it's always he who picks that should get it. Few things are more irritating than picking a champion and then someone saying "mid" five seconds later when I'm playing a very clearly mid champion and then *****ing and saying they called it.

Draft, there's a lot of time until picking order so I think it's more fair to go in call order, but pick order still takes precedence.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#7Brt83(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:46:48 AM
I tend to be nice to people to encourage a better community, and it works around 60% of the time. Some people are just toxic by nature. My guess is that they are bullied in real life and have to have control somewhere, and internet anonymity works that way.
---
#8MagiaIcePosted 3/26/2013 9:10:58 AM
Pick order definitely means more than calling, calling is basically saying you prefer a role. Everyone needs to know all the roles anyway, but then again there are the fresh 30s in bronze 1/silver5-3 who think that calling in draft means they get the role and troll if they don't get it... I hate ranked.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu
#9thedarklordx3Posted 3/26/2013 9:16:13 AM
calling DOES mean you get the role, that's how it works

what kind of idiot would say "the best way for a team effort to go well, is for one person to tell the other people what they will be doing regardless of skill"

that's stupid, it'll get your team mates to resent you, and keep them away from their best
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#10eco masterPosted 3/26/2013 9:53:37 AM
thedarklordx3 posted...
calling DOES mean you get the role, that's how it works

No, it does not. That is not stated anywhere.

When someone picks a champion ahead of you, you can't change their pick. You can change yours. Picking a champion that does not add to the existing pick composition hurts the team. Therefore, pick order dominates.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain