Pick order vs. call order (again)

#11Brt83(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 9:54:34 AM
thats what i mean... what if the first pick (dunno why but im almost always 1st pick) wants mid but wants to trade, is it then correct for 3rd pick to take mid when 1st picked support for say 5th pick?

Where is the line?!

Everyone should know every role when going into ranked, but we all have our "best" roles. I hate it that mine is the one everyone fights over, but its the one i win with.
---
Some people say I have no life. To those people: up up down down left right left right ;BA select start! Ding! 30 lives!!
#12Frosted_MidnaPosted 3/26/2013 9:59:38 AM
Same. Mid is my best role but everyone throws a ***** fit if they don't get it. So I force myself to support. -_-
---
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i.imgur.com/N6v5qZx.jpg
#13eco masterPosted 3/26/2013 10:04:45 AM
Brt83 posted...
thats what i mean... what if the first pick (dunno why but im almost always 1st pick) wants mid but wants to trade, is it then correct for 3rd pick to take mid when 1st picked support for say 5th pick?

If you're trading champions, you're picking with the intent to trade, and your teammates should recognize that. At the same time, if you pick a champion period, I'd expect you to be able to play said champion, but that could be a result of having trades screw up because "Oh lol this isn't the account I have [champion] on" or whatever. If two people agree to trade specific champions, I'd say that's the same as the two already having locked in their champions, and interfering with that would pretty much be saying "I don't give a crap as to what's going on here and I'm purposefully screwing with my team."

I understand the same can be said about picking a champion that has been called, but that is simply where I draw the line. People aren't typically willing to go an extra step and trade with strangers. That kind of act should be rewarded, not punished. Calling a role in 5th pick and expecting everyone to trust you with that for absolutely no reason is just unreasonable. I don't mind it too much most of the time, but there are games where 5th will spam chat or be incredibly dick-ish about a role, and that makes me worry a lot.

Basically, if we're talking about what takes priority as a whole, it's pick order without a doubt, because once a champion is picked, that champion is in the game. If you want to play a game following the current meta, it's up to you as the person further behind in picks to continue picking champions for the existing team composition, and if someone already has an AP mid champion and you choose another AP mid champion, you as the second AP mid are to fault for any lane discrepancies, without a doubt.

However! You should always look to see who is most comfortable doing what, and compromising with yourself will do two things - it allows you to give people roles they feel comfortable with, which will likely cause them to feel less stressed, and it puts you into different roles more often, which gives you a more varied learning experience (since we're talking about "you", this is good because you know you'll at least be passable in any role. Hopefully).
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#14Brt83(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:08:22 AM
its so predictable i know, but i suck at support. as in i have 0% win ratio as support, compared to 80ish at mid and 65ish at top, plus a respectable 50ish in both jungle and adc...

trading removed. thats what would work for solo queue. risk taking your mid first or be a team player without opening yourself to trolls.
---
Some people say I have no life. To those people: up up down down left right left right ;BA select start! Ding! 30 lives!!
#15eco masterPosted 3/26/2013 10:14:51 AM
Brt83 posted...
its so predictable i know, but i suck at support. as in i have 0% win ratio as support

Well, my advice here is to practice! Find some general warding guides, look into different types of supports and learn what they excel at, and if possible, find some people to play with so you can ensure a support pick for a few games.
---
#16AgentRebornPosted 3/26/2013 10:31:50 AM
If you cant win with Taric, you need to find another game to play
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif
#17BhelliumPosted 3/26/2013 10:33:27 AM
picks win when out of blind but don't be a dick and work as a team, not hard to understand
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#18eco masterPosted 3/26/2013 10:36:43 AM
AgentReborn posted...

Taric alone can't win a game. You can make one lane simpler for one person, and provide some nice bonuses during teamfights, but saying Taric = free wins is just stupid.
---
#19ChisukaPosted 3/26/2013 10:40:31 AM(edited)
Yeah, Pick wins over calls, most of the time though I'll be 3rd pick or something and call the role I want, it will be open when it's my pick but 4/5th pick will scream and whine about how they can't support, and as I want to win I end up picking support just to keep the team happy.

Also I was god awful at support when I first started playing ranked, but after getting stuck with it game after game I feel I can play it as good as if not better than most at my current rating.
---
"God forbid we not stare at mithra ass for 6 hours while waiting for our Monk to get a group to punch stuff." - AnguishedTears
#20AgentRebornPosted 3/26/2013 10:39:16 AM
eco master posted...
AgentReborn posted...

Taric alone can't win a game. You can make one lane simpler for one person, and provide some nice bonuses during teamfights, but saying Taric = free wins is just stupid.

I have definitely carried games with Taric. I have won teamfights with a good stun. I have won lanes with Flash+stun initiations at the right time. Taric can carry entire games and that's why his winrate is the highest
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1935601/hynoski2.gif