Been using a few Diana builds, need some feedback.

#1centurion911Posted 3/26/2013 2:08:28 PM(edited)
Ok, so I really like using Nashor's Tooth on her. I think it's a huge boost to her dueling and the CDR it gives is vital.

Now, I have a few different choices for builds.

1)Double Dorans--->Nashors--->Spellpen Boots--->Armguard(May get earlier if needed)--->Zhonias/Negatron (May get earlier if needed)--->Situational

2)Haunting Guise--->Spellpen boots--->Rylais--->Liandrys--->Zhonias/Abyssal(May rush early resistance item if needed)--->situational

3)1/2 Dorans--->Guise--->Nashors--->Liandrys---->Zhonias/Abyssal (May rush early resistance item if needed)---->Situational

1 appears to be what most pros are doing as of now. Using Nashors and Zhonias to win fights

2 is what I used at the end of S2(minus Liandrys) and the beginning of S3.

3 is the Korean Kayle style build, shredding with Liandrys AAs.

So, what's your consensus on how the builds work? Do you have any suggestions for which to use when? I have my own results from each but I want additional feedbacl (the more minds there are, the more diverse the ideas)

Also, if you're just not getting blue, how do you feel about Ionian boots to round out the CDR?
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#2centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:29:12 PM
bump
---
#3gkh5Posted 3/26/2013 2:35:44 PM
The Koreans seem to just really like the Nashor's/Liandry's combo. I haven't tried it but I have messed around with Rylai's/tanky AS Diana. If you have an assassin top or jungle and your support is a squishier one it can work.

But after playing a lot of Diana (I really should play her more in ranked, just look up my ign and see the stats lol), I feel burst with an hourglass is still definitely the best way to play her in most situations. You can Q>W>R>E>AA proc R and pretty much every squishy is guaranteed to die. Then pop zhonya's as they turn and start to focus you. That shield combined with Zhonya's is what makes you so strong. Unlike Akali, there's pretty much no counterplay when you play correctly.
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#4centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:37:30 PM
gkh5 posted...
The Koreans seem to just really like the Nashor's/Liandry's combo. I haven't tried it but I have messed around with Rylai's/tanky AS Diana. If you have an assassin top or jungle and your support is a squishier one it can work.

But after playing a lot of Diana (I really should play her more in ranked, just look up my ign and see the stats lol), I feel burst with an hourglass is still definitely the best way to play her in most situations. You can Q>W>R>E>AA proc R and pretty much every squishy is guaranteed to die. Then pop zhonya's as they turn and start to focus you. That shield combined with Zhonya's is what makes you so strong. Unlike Akali, there's pretty much no counterplay when you play correctly.

Thanks for the input. So would you recommend a Nashors or Rylais? I seem to get one or the other but never both
---
#5FoxDragon13Posted 3/26/2013 2:51:17 PM
centurion911 posted...
gkh5 posted...

Thanks for the input. So would you recommend a Nashors or Rylais? I seem to get one or the other but never both

For me, I love Nashors on Diana. Also, I love IBG and Ryalis on her too. But than again, money is an issue. Mainyl for me, I get Nashors and looks at enemy team, and see what I need to build
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#6centurion911(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:54:00 PM
FoxDragon13 posted...
For me, I love Nashors on Diana. Also, I love IBG and Ryalis on her too. But than again, money is an issue. Mainyl for me, I get Nashors and looks at enemy team, and see what I need to build

I've been doing that a lot too. The only thing that concerns me about Diana is I'm used to building more bulky items on someone that dives into a fight. The explanation about Zhonias+Shield makes sense though.

I usually build to the game though. If I know I can't duel my opponent, I'll do the M.Pen build and just poke.
---
#7gkh5Posted 3/26/2013 3:00:41 PM
centurion911 posted...
gkh5 posted...

I would personally say Nashor's, but I like to get it later rather than sooner. Zhonya's is pretty much always my second item. It gives a big chunk of AP and survivabilty and the build recipe for it is so convenient now with Armguard. 3rd item is usually Dcap/Abyssal (whichever I didn't rush). Then I usually get a giants belt item and my Nashor's at that point. The AA procs do huge damage but even if you build Nashor's you're only gonna need 1 (if you even need 1 at all) proc to kill a squishy. Nashor's just boosts your cleanup crew potential in a longer fight.

I'm really not a fan of Rylai's on her. With AP, your shield gives you plenty of effective HP until late game when you get mogs/sunfire/randuins that outclass it defensively and by the point you would get it, she has enough burst to not need the AP it gives. And her chasing/sticking power is pretty ridiculous already so the slow doesn't do a whole lot for her. Just my opinion
---
LoL IGN: alpha10
#8ScoxtPosted 3/30/2013 4:59:37 PM
Hi,

So I recently started playing Diana, in both Mid lane and Jungle, however I prefer her in the jungle.
I've been playing around with a few builds but the one thing I usually go for is Attack Speed, this goes great with her, dare I say it, truly truly truly outrageously awesome passive!
Here are my prefered builds for Diana in both lanes:

Mid:
Boots, 3x Health pots - No need for anything else but this, maybe an amplyfying tome if you really want that extra AP, but I don't recommend it.
Boots and 3x Health pots is always, a solid start.

Chalice of Harmony, Sorcerer's Shoes and Stinger - Chalice is to build into Grail, the early durability is great for you, since you are melee, along with some magic resist which is also very nice to have in mid lane.
Early Shoes are great, Movement Speed, Magic penetration = awesome.
Lastly, Stinger. Love the CD reduction, and the Attack Speed will serve you will with clearing waves of minions and your opponents <--- Yea :)

Athene's Holy Grail, Nashor's Tooth, Malady - Malady is just plain awesome! More Attack Speed, more AP = More damage! It synergizes well with you Nashor's Tooth and you passive, since that is our main goal with this build.

Here after, build Lich Bane/Frostborn Gauntlet and then Rabadon's Deathcap/Zhonya's Hourglass. Potentially, you could also get Hextech Gunblade, the AD is alright, along with the Spell Vamp

Jungle:
Hunter's Machete, 5x Health Pots - Do I really need to explain this? :P

Spirit Stone, Boots of Speed - Again, I don't think I need to explain :P

Spirit of the Spectral Wraith, Sorcerer's Shoes, Stinger - Spirit of Wraith, is the best for AP junglers, the CD reduction is awesome for Diana and so is the Spell Vamp.

Nashor's Tooth, Malady - CORE!! At least, Nashor's Tooth is. But I would say the Spirit and Tooth are the most Important for this build

Again, from here you just go over to choosing whatever is situationally good for you. But I would highly recommend a Lich Bane/Frostborn Gauntlet, since you are melee A LOT and you are spamming your abilities.

Overall this build gives you some crazy burst and some good utility, plus fast clear time on minions waves and creep camps.
Hope it helps ^^
- Scoxt

P.s. Skill Order: R>Q>W>E ;)
#9Grey_AsakuraPosted 3/30/2013 5:03:12 PM(edited)
anyone use lichbane on diana?
its something ive been trying around and it seems to work fine? maybe?
i get it 2nd after nashor
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZuXHL.jpg http://i.imgur.com/CEvtF.jpg
Delicious Erza
#10Susan0Posted 3/30/2013 5:07:45 PM
Grey_Asakura posted...
anyone use lichbane on diana?
its something ive been trying around and it seems to work fine? maybe?
i get it 2nd after nashor

yes, after rabadons
---
Akali is mai Waifu desu~
Peace is at the end of my blade, FOOL