Do any top teams use any fun team types?

#1Literally_12Posted 3/26/2013 4:51:35 PM
Like an all alien team or a team full of champions from the same place?? Is there any teams like this in top levels of team vs or in any of the competitive tournaments?
#2ryanaPosted 3/26/2013 4:53:41 PM
They use fun team types like "solid, well rounded compositions"
#3Literally_12(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 4:54:52 PM
ryana posted...
They use fun team types like "solid, well rounded compositions"

So no?
#4failure_turtlePosted 3/26/2013 4:56:37 PM
this is the "what i think is fun is fun and what you think is fun isn't fun" topic, isn't it
---
Be yonce.
#5GTOrider88Posted 3/26/2013 4:57:05 PM
Simply, no, for obvious reasons. When you have a "fun" team type, you limit yourself to that type of team. Say all bears, then you would only be able to use bear champions. Then you count in bans and it's a no no. The only teams that try such things are troll teams. I guarantee you there will never be "fun" team type that get's anywhere near the top or in the competitive scene.
#6DarkLagunaPosted 3/26/2013 6:04:17 PM
I've seen a few play some teams with a few champions in common, like Ninja (Zed and Shen, for instance, maybe even an Akali or Kennen mid as well), or a couple demacians (Jarvan + Lux, etc.). But it's always accidental; they don't do it themed on purpose.

On that note though, the Ninja in this game are all pretty strong, so you could make a four Ninja team (and just get a non-Ninja ADC; Might as well go for the Pirate Hunter, given the whole Pirates vs. Ninja thing. =P).

Akali or Kennen Top (the other one Mid)
Zed Jungle
Shen support.

It wouldn't work in tournament play though because, as mentioned, they'd just ban your Ninja (and Shen gets banned often anyway).
---
I feel a draft on my butt...