How viable is Tristana mid?

#1irishman5705Posted 3/26/2013 10:42:56 PM
Getting tired of my normal Lux, Ori, Fizz, etc.

If she is, would AD or AP be a better choice, since her abilities scale off AP?
---
GT: Irish H2
"Oh, my bad, I was high on gamefaqs again" - Oblivion
#2peetotPosted 3/26/2013 10:45:31 PM
AP Trist became a little viable when they made her passive work with her E. She has great ratios but her Q is absolutely useless. She's useful for bursting down a squishy (W - E - R) and then she can only hope to get assists so she can re-use her W.

AD Trist is much better IMO
#3irishman5705(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:50:19 PM
peetot posted...

AD Trist is much better IMO

That's what I was thinking. *sigh* Back to nornals till I can finish up my AD rune page.
---
#4Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/26/2013 10:52:20 PM(edited)
Last week our team was against an AP Trist. She snowballed to like 15 kills and was a major pain early/mid game.

Then we ended up winning anyway because the rest of their team didn't have many kills and the Trist couldn't carry once late game hit
---
And then John was a zombie.
#5GGAGAHCPosted 3/26/2013 10:51:25 PM
AD seems to be the more popular choice now (especially given her use in pro play) and with the new BotRK item.

That said, AP Trist is TOTALLY viable and against typical squishy AP mids, she's an absolute lane wrecker. She'll push like crazy and then out of nowhere burst you down and get her self out just as quick. It's no fun. She does suffer from falling out in use as the game goes on though so you're really hoping for an early win, I think.
---
c|(:B)--|--<
Howdy ya'll!
#6irishman5705(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:55:14 PM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...
Last week our team was against an AP Trist. She snowballed to like 15 kills and was a major pain early/mid game.

Then we ended up winning anyway because the rest of their team didn't have many kills and the Trist couldn't carry once late game hit

Yeah, things like that are why I was leaning towards AD. Fed AD Trist is a hypercarry, AP Trist is a more obvious early game rapist.
---
#7the_rowanPosted 3/26/2013 11:06:53 PM(edited)
AP Trist is not even remotely good if the enemy team has a certain selection of champs though. Any hard CC will knock her out of her jump without it doing damage. Thresh can Q or E her--his E is probably one of the hardest counters to AP Tristana (or early game aggressive AD) in the game. Zyra or Lux can snare her, and so on with other skillshot hard CC.

She'll still have a ton of trading power with a 1.0 ratio E, a 60% 2.5 second slow with a 0.8 AP ratio on W, and a 1.5 AP ratio ult with high base in lane, but if you can stop her first or second jump in teamfights and her ult/team doesn't refresh it she won't even matter early.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#8RaymondPosted 3/26/2013 11:07:29 PM
Back in season 1, ADC was mid. I don't see anything wrong unless you're playing at pro level.
---
Spoiler is plot element, not your ignorance.