Mikael's Crucible.

#1PrintScreenKeyPosted 3/27/2013 12:46:16 AM
Nobody uses it. Ever.

Let's examine the item to determine if it is good or bad.
Items are composed of stats, passives, actives and a gold cost.
We will use these aspects to measure the worth of the item.

The stats are:
-300 mana worth 600 gold.
-In-built chalice of harmony worth 880 gold (25 magic resist, 7 mana regen and mana font passive).
-15 magic resist worth 300 gold.
-2 mana regen worth 120 gold.

Total worth of stats and passive: 1900 gold.

The item is worth 2200 gold which means you must benefit 300 gold from the unique active.

The active removes all CC from any champion, including yourself, and heals for 150 + 15% missing health. It's like a QSS + heal. 3 Minute cooldown which is lower than ignite and exhaust.

Conclusion : Don't buy this item. Unless riot decides to swap the 300 mana for 300 health.
#2g-cube_mastaPosted 3/27/2013 12:56:56 AM
It's a good item it's just not something supports can afford to get before the core "must-haves."

6 item built support should have it for sure, but how rarely does that occur?

The travel time of the particle is kinda lame but understandable.

the heal is awesome though.

And for what it's worth, you can use the active on yourself, but also not really. You can use it to remove slows and stuff but if you're silenced/stunned then you can't use the active to save yourself. At least that's how it worked the last time I bought it.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#3aHappySackaPosted 3/27/2013 1:00:02 AM
You can only get it if you're using a mana heavy champ like Lulu or Sona since a chalice would be considered but otherwise no one gets it.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4princemarth23Posted 3/27/2013 1:04:46 AM
Decent item. I usually get it if the other team's CC is a serious threat and someone else is already getting Bulwark. In this case, I will get Locket first and then Crucible after that.
#5KeiHazuki99Posted 3/27/2013 1:04:59 AM
The travel time between the user and target on the active is a bit annoying. Most CC only last a few seconds and there is almost 1 second travel time that is after your godlike reaction time to save your ally. The cooldown is around 2-3 minutes if I remember correctly. It's like summoner spell. The stats are not really helping much.
I think if they change the active to reach the target immidiatelly after cast, it'll be more viable.
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/27/2013 1:16:48 AM(edited)
aHappySacka posted...
You can only get it if you're using a mana heavy champ like Lulu or Sona since a chalice would be considered but otherwise no one gets it.

Yeah I've only been getting it on Lulu for this reason

I mainly use it for the clutch heal, but hey if I can break a CC with it too then all the better.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#7PhoenixNinePosted 3/27/2013 1:21:22 AM
You need serious skill to use it for cleansing out of CC immediately, but the heal is great either way.

If you plan on getting this item, make sure to take the 15% item cooldown reduction masteries.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#8GuilmonDXPosted 3/27/2013 1:38:55 AM
I rush it on every support. I've only met one other player that got it and he was amazingly good.
---
"Do not pray for an easy life, but pray for the strength to endure a hard one." - Bruce Lee
#9lleckPosted 3/27/2013 1:43:40 AM
I always get it on support if the enemy team has an Amumu or Leona.
---
Leggo my Eigo
#10EcchiBakaPosted 3/27/2013 2:30:19 AM
I'll get it on Janna because I sit next to my ADC during fights and toss tornadoes and shield him constantly. It helps me peel.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka. Give me ecchi manga recommendations!
http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png