How would you guys feel about an item build queue?

#1Linctagon7Posted 3/27/2013 5:39:34 AM
Imagine an option for you to set up an entire build for each of your characters in the Summoner Profile. This item purchase order is saved for you and carried into the game. So when the game starts you will automatically purchase the first item on your customized item purchase queue. You can either build it simple and queue final build items or you can customize it to small details as you want. All you have to do is click and "Accept item queue" and it will do it for you, so that you still have freedom to buy what you want or need at that moment. You would also be able to make quick adjustments to it in the loading screen to adjust to the other team like Swapping Merc Treads for Tabi if they heavy AD.

For example, if I am playing Mundo, the first thing I get is Warmog's armour. So let's say I enter the game with a queue that goes for high end items like Warmog - Randuin's - Spirit Visage, the build queue would automatically purchase the most beneficial items that make up that item for me. So it will buy two Beads or a Ruby right off the bat. Now I have a bit of gold and go back to the shop. It will then, upon me finishing my recall, purchase the Giant Belt and if I go back again it will finish Warmog's and buy Cloth Armour to work toward Runduin's Omen. If I play Renekton for example and want to go more in depth with it I can queue up a long list of items like; Boots of Speed - 3 Pots - Long Sword - Long Sword - Brutalizer - Mercury Treads - etc -etc

I think this would be a really cool option and would streamline the game for both new players and more experience players alike.
#2ObsceneGesturesPosted 3/27/2013 5:47:26 AM
No.
---
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
#3Hyper InfernoPosted 3/27/2013 5:48:21 AM
Do you ever, you know, change your build depending on how good/bad you're doing and what the enemy team composition is?

Cause that's kind of important.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#4dark_lord_havocPosted 3/27/2013 5:51:33 AM
One of the stupidest ideas I've ever read. Congrats.
#5Linctagon7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:51:45 AM
And this would still allow you to do that. As I said.
#6Linctagon7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:54:46 AM
dark_lord_havoc posted...
One of the stupidest ideas I've ever read. Congrats.

You can say that you don't like my idea, that's fine. But there is really no reason to insult me. None.
#7PhoenixNinePosted 3/27/2013 5:57:32 AM
Report him to the tribunal, quickly!

By the Gods, that sort of "flaming" and "trollery" can amount to nothing short of a permanent ban!

ALL HAIL JUSTICE
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#8Shadow EdgePosted 3/27/2013 5:59:33 AM
Linctagon7 posted...

Build items and order often change in a match. Theres really no point trying to make it more cumbersome when you can buy anything. You can also customize the reccomended item list with Enigma.
---
ns
#9QuetzalmaPosted 3/27/2013 6:00:17 AM
or you can use Enigma's Recommended Item Changer and change the recommended items in the shop, that way you'll waste almost no time in the store, since you won't have to go to the submenus of the "All Items"

http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/
#10infinitexxPosted 3/27/2013 6:02:12 AM
Shadow Edge posted...
Linctagon7 posted...

Build items and order often change in a match. Theres really no point trying to make it more cumbersome when you can buy anything. You can also customize the reccomended item list with Enigma.

This, I do like the option to customize your recommended options (in fact I think it should become a core feature rather than an add-on), but actively enforcing a build queue would just encourage people to be rigid and lazy.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1