Discussion: Is Shen really OP?

#1ralalooloo11Posted 3/27/2013 9:45:02 AM
I'm not flaming anybody for saying Shen is OP or not.
I'm simply trying to open a discussion and I hope it stays that way.
Now, I've heard people regarding Shen as an OP champ in all regions (I.e. The great Koreans referring to him as "God Shen"). But I'd like to know if you guys think so. Is he just DAMN good? Or is he actually overpowering?
#2Toe_JamulonisPosted 3/27/2013 9:46:47 AM
He's OP because of the map control and presence he brings. His split pushing allows teams to secure dragons with ease in the mid game. His taunt is a fantastic CC and the shield on his ult can turn fights that he's not even remotely near. Shen isn't necessarily OP. His Global ult is gamebreaking and wins games.
---
Posted from my iPhone while crapping on company time.
#3xRustySpoonPosted 3/27/2013 9:47:59 AM
Good in lane. Decent in jungle. Tank that deals damage. Global ult. Split-pushing king.
---
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.
#4Airborne_GnorcPosted 3/27/2013 9:51:19 AM
He's annoying in lane, because of his harass, sustain, and inability to be towerdived. His ult also has a lot of utility and makes Shen arguably have more map presence than Karthus in-game with it's ability to turn enemy ganks into death traps, and being able to split push and have a means to join his teammates from across the map.

This isn't even mentioning how the guy has a freaking shield with a 5 second cooldown, it can seriously take at least three people to kill Shen because the guy is so damn tanky and mobile.

So yeah, he's really good.
---
Formerly Z911
#5ManTigerPosted 3/27/2013 10:07:22 AM
Shen does low to moderate damage.
In fact, DPS wise, he sucks hard.
#6saint35Posted 3/27/2013 10:09:31 AM
Said it a million times as someone who very frequently uses him, but I'll say it again. Shen is very good, but not quite god tier. Terrible damage output beyond laning phase, useless in a team fight if he misses with Shadow Dash and can't immobilize or chase after low health enemies to finish them off. He would be mid tier at best if not for his ult. His ult makes him high tier.
---
Why modern education is failing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM6c-HY8dck
#7CosmosYearsPosted 3/27/2013 10:12:46 AM
xRustySpoon posted...
Good in lane. Terrible in jungle. Tank that deals damage. Global ult. Split-pushing king.

FTFY
#8youNmeGirlPosted 3/27/2013 10:17:32 AM
Of course Shen is a tank that deals damage, very low damage.
I have no idea why the hell anyone would say he does anything more than moderate damage AT BEST.
#9wehomiesPosted 3/27/2013 10:46:23 AM
shen does damage?
wut?
#10ralalooloo11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 11:02:14 AM
Keep it up
With less hostile comments plox