Discussion: Is Shen really OP?

#21ralalooloo11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:46:53 PM
MMG_ posted...
Shen is bad in solo que in which people aren't organized to set up global ganks.

Well this is a fact in gold and below at least.

He's a beastly solo top though
What would make him a bad solo que champ?
Because from my experience at least Shen does well at what he's supposed to do: top lane and push like crazy while being an exceptional ganker everywhere whenever your team needs it

All I'm saying is you can do well yourself in solo but still lose with any champ on any role
#22EmexeriaPosted 3/27/2013 2:53:23 PM
You have to get your adc fed, because you can't assassinate their adc as you deal little dmg. If their adc > your adc it's often hard to win.
#23BoogyyPosted 3/27/2013 3:42:47 PM
People think that because he's a great splitpusher, that gives him some kind of credibility.

Last I checked, his wave clear is garbage and it takes him ages to take down a tower. Real splitpushers can make the team run around, clear waves in a button, and take down towers with ease while being able to escape from sticky situations. (nocturne, yi, nidalee, Nasus, Shaco).

You engage his team and force him to use his <decent> ult, but it's nothing magical.

Especially if you have a Nasus throwing down wither on the champion he ults, grats, you made a meatbag auto attack slower for longer.

OP shows that he's good in all scenarios, and clearly that's not the case.

Imo he's better at countering splitpush teams rather than actually being the splitpusher himself.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#24random_noobiePosted 3/27/2013 3:44:30 PM
no.

****ing annoying, yes. he's also really good against solo queue randoms that don't know how to deal with him.

OP? no.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#25TomorrowDogPosted 3/27/2013 4:30:17 PM
People think that because he's a great splitpusher, that gives him some kind of credibility.

Last I checked, his wave clear is garbage and it takes him ages to take down a tower. Real splitpushers can make the team run around, clear waves in a button, and take down towers with ease while being able to escape from sticky situations. (nocturne, yi, nidalee, Nasus, Shaco).

You engage his team and force him to use his <decent> ult, but it's nothing magical.

Uh... you get that other splitpushers can't teleport directly in to the center of a fight right. If one of those champions is split-pushing, you put your own champion against them. Ta-da.

If you do that against Shen, good luck with the 5v4 at Baron. Yes, anybody can run Teleport but there is a massive difference between teleporting directly on to an ally with a 550 / 850 health shield and a 1.5 second disable for anybody attacking them (plus any other enemies close to them) and teleporting on to some non-champion friendly unit that is hopefully nearby.

As far as "engage his team", they are going to try to avoid letting you do that if you have five players at Baron or whatever the objective is. What you're saying is basically like saying, "kill their AD carry, then they don't have enough damage."
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#26YourJanissaryPosted 3/27/2013 5:17:03 PM
Deanyzy posted...
YourJanissary posted...
I'm surprised they didn't remove his global ult when they reworked him. That was their chance to fix the problem with Shen! Until then, I maintain that he will walk the very easily crossed line of OP/weaksauce.

Making his ult less then global would destroy him, the reason why his ult is still global while Panth's and TF's aren't is because Shen's is a targeted ability, He can only teleport to Allies while the other two could go wherever they pleased.

Yes but that doesn't mean it should be global. He had beyond competitive damage, strong sustain, capable of winning his lane and then ulting another lane to get even further ahead. Shen was busted in every way right after his rework. If his ult wasn't global, he might have still been OP.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know about binary, those who don't, and those who didn't realize this joke is in ternary.