Discussion: Is Zed OP?

#11ManTigerPosted 3/27/2013 9:14:34 AM
@kira:

Zed probably won't be nerfed.
#12paradox228Posted 3/27/2013 9:27:31 AM
As a player who mains Zed I do not feel he is "op". I don't think he is op because he has a high skillcap. He's not like a button mash to win champ you have to know how to build and more importantly how to play him. Zed's mechanics all revolve around his shadows. You have to know when to send out your shadow so you can land an E and then you have to position yourself so you land a Q with your shadow as well as yourself. You have to position perfectly or you die. His ult does have alot of burst which can be annoying for the apc or adc but that's the reason Zed was made. Anti-carry. Syndra and Urgot can also effectively get the carries killed. People just don't know how to handle Zed at the moment. Vi is also an effective high damage Anti-Carry. Just ban him if you have to but please don't call for nerfs he doesn't deserve.
#13wehomiesPosted 3/27/2013 9:46:00 AM
zed isn't op.
he's like fotm or something
he's a great champ if you can get over the steep learning curve of this one.
#14centurion911Posted 3/27/2013 9:55:58 AM
Zed is an assassin that has an AD buff that lets him scale into lategame very well. Combined with his ult he is very snowball-y.

He can be shut down pretty hard though, a single item (QSS)can reduce his burst substantially, and being CC-ed/disengaged right after his ult will hurt his damage by quite a bit.

Not OP, just annoying to deal with when fed
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#15thebestestbestPosted 3/27/2013 10:04:13 AM
He's picked and does very well at the highest level of tournament play. That alone makes him overpowered.
#16happyscrub1Posted 3/27/2013 10:10:41 AM
thebestestbest posted...
He's picked and does very well at the highest level of tournament play. That alone makes him overpowered.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/zed&region=all&league=platinum#statistics'

He average 45 win rates in highest elo.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#17DeanyzyPosted 3/27/2013 10:12:16 AM
I wouldn't say he's op, he's a very good pick but I don't think he's quite across the threshold to OPland just yet.
#18awwwSNAPPosted 3/27/2013 10:13:27 AM
MIG297 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
both shen and zed are at the bottom of winrates. UP champ

I been saying zed sucks since release

Op champs never really get high win rates though since they always get picked by bads who can't use them every time they're not banned.

Wouldn't the OP champs be the ones that even the bads CAN pick up and win with anyway?
#19MIG297Posted 3/27/2013 10:26:49 AM
awwwSNAP posted...
MIG297 posted...
happyscrub1 posted...
both shen and zed are at the bottom of winrates. UP champ

I been saying zed sucks since release

Op champs never really get high win rates though since they always get picked by bads who can't use them every time they're not banned.

Wouldn't the OP champs be the ones that even the bads CAN pick up and win with anyway?

You're underestimating just how bad bads are.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#20easymodexzPosted 3/27/2013 11:19:24 AM
Is Zed OP?

Yeah, he is. Zed has no mana bar, has insane burst, high mobility, targeted ult burst, range harass, wave clear.

Something's gotta give, but just by a small amount.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/zed&region=all&league=platinum#statistics'

He average 45 win rates in highest elo.

I'm less interested in "high elo that includes NA" and more interested in watching Insec tear Gambit Gaming apart with jungle Zed.

I don't think Zed is "really" OP, but he could use a tiny bit of shaving around the edges.