Chaox turned on his stream and donators are throwing money at him

#71aznsealPosted 3/28/2013 8:52:22 AM
_Anticlimactic_ posted...
aznseal posted...
I thought "gifts" weren't taxable.

gifts as in items are not, small amounts of cash are not, but once you start moving up to large amounts of cash being transferred, they are.

kinda OT but seriously look up how much the government takes out of inheritances each year, its nuts (once again only talking about merica, other countries do it differently). they make bank, something has to feed the beast.

So hypothetically if I lost my job and my parents gave me 3k to pay rent, that's taxable?
---
Did you just compare brawl to 9/11. ~mufficity Well, yeah. Both are national disasters.~Zolios
Lightsaiot - Lvl 200 Dark Knight [Broa]
#72_Anticlimactic_Posted 3/28/2013 8:57:28 AM(edited)
Think about it this way to..

Me and anyone on this board could set up our own stream accounts, never stream, and during the whole year just "gift" back and forth our full years salary for our real jobs and pay no taxes on any of it.

Now take streaming out of that equation and just "gift" our money back and forth all year. the government actually has a limit on the amount of money you can gift to a person to avoid this situation.

And i bring up inheritance because that is money that was already effectively taxed by the first person before they passed away. just the simple action of it changing hands to a son/daughter or whatever opens it back up to be re taxed all over again.

i wish that gifting worked that way :) haha.
#73J0eRacerPosted 3/28/2013 8:53:48 AM
notanoob74 posted...
He doesn't provide services for the money he gets, ergo not taxable. If you said "Playing games with people for 10$" that is taxable.

I thought Econ was a GE, just shows how many people from GFAQs went to college...

You win the lottery. Gov takes half in taxes. You weren't providing a service and they still take it.
---
GT: tak1ng faces
#74_Anticlimactic_Posted 3/28/2013 8:56:01 AM
notanoob74 posted...
He doesn't provide services for the money he gets, ergo not taxable. If you said "Playing games with people for 10$" that is taxable.

I thought Econ was a GE, just shows how many people from GFAQs went to college...

haha read my last message, or please set up a stream with me and try it because i wish it would work i really do, but sadly it has nothing to do with services rendered.
#75iXCelticXiPosted 3/31/2013 3:30:28 AM
This thread turned boring real quick.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#76Skul_Posted 3/31/2013 3:43:37 AM
Why would you donate to someone who makes money playing anyway?
It doesnt make any sense gg
---
If someone picks Shaco, you lose. This is regardless of which team said Shaco is on
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB; DSi; 3DS; GBASP; Wii;Galaxy SIII; iPod Touch 4th Gen;
#77MIG297Posted 3/31/2013 3:51:45 AM
Skul_ posted...

Why would you tip a waitress who's getting paid anyway?
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#78gaara999999Posted 3/31/2013 4:01:27 AM
Skul_ posted...

Why would you tip a waitress who's getting paid anyway?

You don't. Unless they give you better service than they need to in which case you might want to give a tip as a thanks.

Also, to stay on topic:

Pewdiepie, a person who makes bad let's plays (you know, the kind with pure screaming and stuff), makes over a million each year. Internet is srs bsns
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#79Master Of The DeadPosted 3/31/2013 5:20:40 AM
notanoob74 posted...

You win the lottery. Gov takes half in taxes. You weren't providing a service and they still take it.

Really? That sucks. At least here in the UK they don't. Now I just need to win....
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#80gideon2086Posted 3/31/2013 5:32:07 AM
There's a guy that has donated $50,000 to three wow streamers. $50,000. Each.
---
Hi I'm Bob.