Chaox turned on his stream and donators are throwing money at him

#81SomnambulisticPosted 3/31/2013 6:37:24 AM
All I see in this topic is that it's 2013 and people still don't tip. LOL
---
[ Days Gone Bye ]
#82Viewtiful_JonPosted 3/31/2013 6:52:43 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...

Not everyone should tip, In the USA the wage for Waiters is far below minimum wage in most states, people there should tip 90% of the time unless they get a bad experience.

I'm in the UK and waiters get minimum wage or better, I have worked in a job at minimum wage and was never tipped, I was serving the public. What makes them so special that they should get tips and others in minimum wage jobs do not?
#83SomnambulisticPosted 3/31/2013 7:18:00 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...

Not everyone should tip, In the USA the wage for Waiters is far below minimum wage in most states, people there should tip 90% of the time unless they get a bad experience.

I'm in the UK and waiters get minimum wage or better, I have worked in a job at minimum wage and was never tipped, I was serving the public. What makes them so special that they should get tips and others in minimum wage jobs do not?

It depends on where you're at, yes. But in a legitimate restaurant where all of the production workers are making well above minimum, and you're not tipping your servers, it's pretty inexcusable. Yes, it IS law in the U.S. that no server can leave the restaurant without at least having made minimum, because the restaurant has to make up the difference that they didn't get in tips. But again, you have to ask... does someone in that position and job honestly deserve nothing more than minimum?
---
[ Days Gone Bye ]
#84Skul_Posted 4/1/2013 2:00:59 AM
Skul_ posted...
Why would you donate to someone who makes money playing anyway?
It doesnt make any sense gg

Why would you tip a waitress who's getting paid anyway?

You don't. Unless they give you better service than they need to in which case you might want to give a tip as a thanks.

Also, to stay on topic:

Pewdiepie, a person who makes bad let's plays (you know, the kind with pure screaming and stuff), makes over a million each year. Internet is srs bsns

Im in australia. We dont tip. See, restaurants have to actually PAY their staff.
---
If someone picks Shaco, you lose. This is regardless of which team said Shaco is on
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB; DSi; 3DS; GBASP; Wii;Galaxy SIII; iPod Touch 4th Gen;
#85zepfyaPosted 4/1/2013 2:03:13 AM
People who give money to these guys are pathetic, give it to charity not to them.
#86aznsealPosted 4/1/2013 7:08:20 AM
gaara999999 posted...
Skul_ posted...

You don't. Unless they give you better service than they need to in which case you might want to give a tip as a thanks.

Also, to stay on topic:

Pewdiepie, a person who makes bad let's plays (you know, the kind with pure screaming and stuff), makes over a million each year. Internet is srs bsns

You ALWAYS tip regardless of service. If it's the worst service imaginable you still tip 10% lol.
---
Did you just compare brawl to 9/11. ~mufficity Well, yeah. Both are national disasters.~Zolios
Lightsaiot - Lvl 200 Dark Knight [Broa]
#87BurnumMasterPosted 4/1/2013 7:21:35 AM(edited)
aznseal posted...
_Anticlimactic_ posted...
aznseal posted...
I thought "gifts" weren't taxable.

gifts as in items are not, small amounts of cash are not, but once you start moving up to large amounts of cash being transferred, they are.

kinda OT but seriously look up how much the government takes out of inheritances each year, its nuts (once again only talking about merica, other countries do it differently). they make bank, something has to feed the beast.

So hypothetically if I lost my job and my parents gave me 3k to pay rent, that's taxable?

It would have to be over 10k in a single gift
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#88gaara999999Posted 4/1/2013 8:14:27 AM
gaara999999 posted...
Skul_ posted...

Also, to stay on topic:

You ALWAYS tip regardless of service. If it's the worst service imaginable you still tip 10% lol.

why would you tip them when they already get better wages than average worker
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr
#89Soul_DevourPosted 4/1/2013 8:33:36 AM(edited)
gaara999999 posted...
Skul_ posted...

Also, to stay on topic:

why would you tip them when they already get better wages than average worker

In Maryland at least, I believe employers can wage waiters/waitress at like $2.15. If they don't get tips to cover the different in the minimal wage ($7.25) then the employer has to bump them up to the minimal wage. $7.25 for being a waiter at any decent restaurant would be pitiful. You're supposed to tip, usually at least 15% and typically 18% for good or better service.

Edit: Federal is $2.13 for tipped workers, Maryland is $3.63. Still only half of the minimal wage, though.
---
All hail Anubis-kun!
http://i.imgur.com/sxhkq.png
#90Frosted_MidnaPosted 4/4/2013 6:44:15 PM
zepfya posted...
People who give money to these guys are pathetic, give it to charity not to them.

This. Or fund it for a cure for cancer.
---
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i.imgur.com/N6v5qZx.jpg